arlovski's mouthpiece

What about using a decal set or paint? A guy from my hometown runs a sign/decal shop and could probably make me a big set of fangs to put on the mouthpiece, I'd just be concerned about them coming off. And what kind of paint could u use that wouldn't chip off or be poisonous in the mouth? I'm a big fan of Arlovski's mouthpiece but I wanna make my own that looks even more badass and nobody else will have it.

edit: I looked up the Gladiator mouthguards, they're not bad...they're top setup costs $75 for a single-color. I'm just wondering if I can do my own customization if I should get black or pink.

You can do that. You, for example give Tom the decal in jpg form or something, he'll print and put it on for you. He did that with my ones for a few extra things I wanted

Tom made a guard for me and one for my fighter (Johnathan Ivey, if you don't know who he is then go to our website and check out his HL video. He has more leg lock wins then anyone). It's waiting for me in TN so I guess I'll see how it turned out this weekend.

www.SSFgear.com

mysockhasahole said:
What about using a decal set or paint? A guy from my hometown runs a sign/decal shop and could probably make me a big set of fangs to put on the mouthpiece, I'd just be concerned about them coming off. And what kind of paint could u use that wouldn't chip off or be poisonous in the mouth? I'm a big fan of Arlovski's mouthpiece but I wanna make my own that looks even more badass and nobody else will have it.

edit: I looked up the Gladiator mouthguards, they're not bad...they're top setup costs $75 for a single-color. I'm just wondering if I can do my own customization if I should get black or pink.

Decals and paint will work and they will not come off do the clear layer that is added over them to lock them in place.

TomCold said:
Decals and paint will work and they will not come off do the clear layer that is added over them to lock them in place.

So would I get the mouthpiece, paint it, then send it back in?

Well no, Tom would pretty much do everything for you. The problem is, some (most) paints won't work well with the material. So the final layer just won't stick at all

mysockhasahole said:
So would I get the mouthpiece, paint it, then send it back in?

If you really wanted to do it yourself that can be arranged but there really is'nt any need to unless you have a very specific design. If it is just fangs it's a lot easier to draw and cut out on decal paper, place on the guard, and clear coat over it. Painting could look real cool if you were wanting to get really detailed and add shading and gums. Actually now that I think about it, I like the idea.

TomCold said:
Painting could look real cool if you were wanting to get really detailed and add shading and gums. Actually now that I think about it, I like the idea.

That's exactly what I was thinking...black mouthpiece w/ dark red/pink gums and shaded teeth so everything looks 3-D. Do a 5-6mm top mouthpiece and 2-3mm bottom mouthpiece and do the gums/teeth on both. :)

Back