arlovski's mouthpiece

I've never seen a replica of AA's mouthguard that is the same. I've seen companies claim to, but they're not even close. It's more complicated than you'd think. A lot of work went into doing Andrei's. Anyway...you'd better be a real bad ass if you're going to get that replica and get in the ring with someone.

AA's mouthguard can be replicated exactly but Gladiator mouthguard will not do an exact replica because we feel that the construction of this guard creates a danger for the wearer, and I'm sure that if Tom at protech or Dr. loving at Opro were as familiar with the construction of this particular guard they would agree. That particular guard was made by AA's private dentist in Chicago whom I do not know.

whats so dangerous about it....it sounds like you might just not have the tools in the shed

We have the tools, and are very familiar with the construction of this guard . A mouthguards primary job is to protect the user not provide them with a vanity piece that makes them look cool at the expense of protection, and we feel this guards particular design comprimises the users saftey.

my main question is simple :WHY...if the fangs are flexible and dont inhibit the contact between the upper and lower jaw between the mouthpiece, then to me it sounds like it would do no such harm. I could see if they wanted two absurd buckteeth that created a quarter inch gap between the upper and lower jaw....but fangs that lay over top of the teeth....?

i'm restricted by a Non-diclosure, confidentiality agreement with AA's managment not to discuss the particular methods or material used in the manufacture of his guard. So you will just have to take my word for it. I would be a fool not to make a guard to exactly match AA's guard, if it was safe, half the threads on this forum are about wher to get one.

icedog11 said:
i'm restricted by a Non-diclosure, confidentiality agreement with AA's managment not to discuss the particular methods or material used in the manufacture of his guard. So you will just have to take my word for it. I would be a fool not to make a guard to exactly match AA's guard, if it was safe, half the threads on this forum are about wher to get one.

we're not asking how its made or wut material is used, we just wanna know why it presents a danger when being worn? not to sound like an asshole or anything but what does all this legal matter concern u if his mouthpiece is made by his private dentist? (unless u had a hand in making it).

by explaining why I feel it is dangerous I would have to give out information as to the construction and the materials used. The point is mute, we feel the guard presents a danger to the user and will not produce a replica and call it a mouthguard, we are surprised that AA is even alowed to use the guard. Not to sound like an jerk, but as to the legal matters they don't concern anyone but the officers of Gladiator Mouthguards.

icedog11 said:
by explaining why I feel it is dangerous I would have to give out information as to the construction and the materials used. The point is mute, we feel the guard presents a danger to the user and will not produce a replica and call it a mouthguard, we are surprised that AA is even alowed to use the guard. Not to sound like an jerk, but as to the legal matters they don't concern anyone but the officers of Gladiator Mouthguards.

Damn, sounds like your could be arresetd or possibly deported for buying a duplicate. Count me out.:D

Protection-wise, AA's guard is kind of sketchy, I will agree to that. The part of the guard that actually covers the top teeth, I'd guess is just over half as thick as mine.

But come to think of it, his regular yellow guard that he wears 99% of the time in training is pretty thin too. It looks more like a guard I'd use to roll with. Probably not the best choice for a HW fighter who's chin has never been compared to Mark Hunt. Oh well.

As for anyone here trying to track down and use a guard like Andei's; I wouldn't advise it, if you like your teeth, and the inside of your mouth. I know who his Dentist is, and I know a number of guys on Team Pitbull. I could get one if I really wanted. But sporting the fangs of a "copy cat", and compromising my safety... just isn't worth it.

interesting about the construction stuff. never realised it had problems.

~Foz

icedog11 said:
AA's mouthguard can be replicated exactly but Gladiator mouthguard will not do an exact replica because we feel that the construction of this guard creates a danger for the wearer, and I'm sure that if Tom at protech or Dr. loving at Opro were as familiar with the construction of this particular guard they would agree. That particular guard was made by AA's private dentist in Chicago whom I do not know.
I'd have to say I agree here.

Even if there's something wrong with the construction, I assume it would be possible to make one like it (design wise) with the alledgedly flaws fixed up? Maybe to counter what VIII has seen, it is made thicker?

foppa21 first Go All Blacks, and second no the look is achieved through the use of materials that would be contra-indicated in a mouthguard used for protection my concern is not based on thickness of material but choice of materials, We feel we make a reasonable likeness without the draw back of his particular design.

The fangs can be made from the same material as the mouthguard is constructed of. The only drawback that I foresee would be possible bruising to the underside of the lips or lower gums where the fangs drop down if a drastic frontal impact occured. The fangs can be done both 2-D (Decal) or 3-D. (sticking off the guard) I've seen them made with hard plastic fangs like the ones you get form a novelty store as well. In a case like that then I would have to agree that the material used for the fangs would be contraindicative to the construction and effectiveness of the guard.

"I've seen them made with hard plastic fangs like the ones you get form a novelty store as well."
Tom you may be onto something here.

Hrm... maybe if Arlovski would get a USEFUL guard he'd lose the chin problems I keep hearing about...

black mariah said:
Hrm... maybe if Arlovski would get a USEFUL guard he'd lose the chin problems I keep hearing about...
People always say his chin is glassy, and that may be the case. I think it is just poor defense. All three of his standing KO's have been the result of poor defense. He gets too close with his hands low and BAM!, he's staring at the ceiling lights.

icedog11 said:
foppa21 first Go All Blacks, and second no the look is achieved through the use of materials that would be contra-indicated in a mouthguard used for protection my concern is not based on thickness of material but choice of materials, We feel we make a reasonable likeness without the draw back of his particular design.

Good win today. The game was pretty much set when we pulled off a 14 pts swing when Rocky Elsom got sin binned. Bit more to work on though.

Yeah I get that it might not be the thickness or choice of materials. But let's jsut say you guys liborrow liberally from the design aesthetically. Or like what Tom said, go pick up a pair of vampire teeth off a haloween costume and crazy glue it to one of the ones you guys have made already using your designs

Back