Arlovski was considered to have glass chin 20 years ago

to me he doesn't have a glass chin, he has lapses in defense and has shitty recovery, but everyone who's KO'd Overeem are KO strikers.
Reem probably has the best defense at HW.

20 years ago?? No. That criticism started 11 or 12 years ago, when Arlovski had a string of first-round KO/TKO losses.

Don't make me feel even older than I already do.

20 years ago?? No. That criticism started 11 or 12 years ago, when Arlovski had a string of first-round KO/TKO losses.

Don't make me feel even older than I already do.

You are old af lol. When Fedor detached Arlovski from his consciousness, he was widely considered top tier fighter with a glass jaw.

I remember around 2011 when Kharitanov KO'd him there was serious talk about how he should retire. He was on a 4 fight losing streak, three of them being nasty KOs. Crazy to think he ever got back into the UFC at all, never mind still being there in 2020.

Giving trouble to up and coming fighters, beating many. He is holding on pretty good for his age.
I don't blame him for fighting safe. He has a beautiful career and is banking while still being competitive.

I remember around 2011 when Kharitanov KO'd him there was serious talk about how he should retire. He was on a 4 fight losing streak, three of them being nasty KOs. Crazy to think he ever got back into the UFC at all, never mind still being there in 2020.
He is still beating up and coming fighters, young hungry lions.

I don't blame him for fighting safe. He has a beautiful career and is banking while still being competitive.

he deserved it.

Overeem gets koed easily sometimes and sometimes he can take a beating as well.

Chuck, Jake Ellenberger, Jonathan Goulet.. now those guys I would consider having "bad chins".

Overeem gets koed easily sometimes and sometimes he can take a beating as well.

Chuck, Jake Ellenberger, Jonathan Goulet.. now those guys I would consider having "bad chins".

Late career Chuck, same as late career Nog. Both their prime versions had iron chins.
AA was considered glass from the get go.

Arlovski beat Travis Browne like a rented mule. Since then his record has been filled mostly with bad losses interspersed with some bad wins.

edit: Also, Arlovski has stayed really busy in the twilight of his career. Seems like he fights three or four times a year.

Arlovski beat Travis Browne like a rented mule. Since then his record has been filled mostly with bad losses interspersed with some bad wins.

edit: Also, Arlovski has stayed really busy in the twilight of his career. Seems like he fights three or four times a year.

Post trauma AA 3.3 beat prime Travis and made a name out of him.

Late career Chuck, same as late career Nog. Both their prime versions had iron chins.
AA was considered glass from the get go.

Yeah he was koed early by that lunatic Datsik. Probably his worst moment along with that Rogers loss.
But again its very on and off for him. Sometimes he enters the dark room and comes back sometimes he doesnt.

Don't know why everyone is giving him a hard time, people were saying this way back when he got beat by Rizzo and Rodriguez and it escalated drastically when he lost to Big Tim..20 years isn't much of an exaggeration.

<JonesLaugh>
why do you even follow the sport then. Jonny hasn't even been rocked, and he has been hit too many times.

I think you're replying to the wrong dude.

Also, I believe JBJ admitted that Rashad rocked him. But then he's gone on to say he's never been rocked. Plus he's just a liar and should be in jail

Dude chill the fuck out on the threads

I am a fan of so many fighters. I recently made a thread on how Predator should avenge his loss to Beast, while he waits for that title shot..

I think you're replying to the wrong dude.

Also, I believe JBJ admitted that Rashad rocked him. But then he's gone on to say he's never been rocked. Plus he's just a liar and should be in jail

No, Jonny belongs in the cage. Its all he is good at. If he is in jail nobody will see his fights.

Back