Arlovski vs. Overeem huh?

I think the logic is hopefully AA wins, that way they can do a Cain/Werdum fight next and there will be no new fighters for Cain to fight and he'll just rematch someone after that

I like this match up. Reem gets a title shot if successful or AA gets back in title contention with a win.

As a european I am sure that the dutch public would be fine with overeem vs (insert random can). Arlovski is a big name but the fact that he is an european wouldnt matter a thing. For most western europeans he would be some "russian" just as an american fighter would be some "american".
Maybe, I guess it depends. My friends and I would'nt go just for Overeem, but when Arlovski was announced we were sure that we wanted to go. I think alot of eastern european people feels that way aswell. But I guess you are right in the way that it will probably be a small stadium and the dutch will fill most of it anyway..

So now we know Stipe gets the TS. What a bullshit.

Stipe lost to JDS and only won against Hunt and Andrei.

Reem beat Nelson, Struve and JDS and now fights Andrei... *lol*

And Ben beat everybody but JDS and has to go through JDS as well. What a fckd up situation.

Ben TS and Stipe vs. Reem would have been the only reasonable choice IMO. Or Stipe vs. Cain and Reem vs. Andrei.

UiQskbt.gif
I've been hypnotized by this gif more than I'd care to admit. I feel a sudden urge to kill the president and win Jodie Foster's love whenever I see it.

I've been hypnotized by this gif more than I'd care to admit. I feel a sudden urge to kill the president and win Jodie Foster's love whenever I see it.

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

How about Cain stay healthy and fight someone other than Werdum/JDS/Big Foot for the first time in 5 years.
and when he fights someone else are you gonna say..... how about Cain stay healthy and fight someone other than that fighter/Werdum/JDS/Big Foot for the first time in 5 years.

and on and on?

it stopped being a relevant comment when he fought Werdum, move on ffs

So now we know Stipe gets the TS. What a bullshit.

Stipe lost to JDS and only won against Hunt and Andrei.

Reem beat Nelson, Struve and JDS and now fights Andrei... *lol*

And Ben beat everybody but JDS and has to go through JDS as well. What a fckd up situation.

Ben TS and Stipe vs. Reem would have been the only reasonable choice IMO. Or Stipe vs. Cain and Reem vs. Andrei.
at the time JDS was the only available opponent and Rothwell said so himself, plus he was incredibly happy with the fight because he rates JDS as one of the best and it would be a big win for him.

and when he fights someone else are you gonna say..... how about Cain stay healthy and fight someone other than that fighter/Werdum/JDS/Big Foot for the first time in 5 years.

and on and on?

it stopped being a relevant comment when he fought Werdum, move on ffs

Nope. He got embarrassed by Werdum.

Should fight Big Foot again.

Nope. He got embarrassed by Werdum.

Should fight Big Foot again.
I agree that he shouldn't have got the Werdum rematch but Werdum pulled out anyway so what does it matter now? Only fight that's got me scratching my head is the one in the thread title, and only because they are training partners presumably. I have a feeling they wanted to fight back in Strikeforce and this is more about two competitors testing themselves against each other rather than being forced to fight each other to pay the bills, but that's all I've got in the theory department.

does anyone know which corner Jackson will be in, if any? I'm guessing Arlovski but he does have a boner for The Reem

at the time JDS was the only available opponent and Rothwell said so himself, plus he was incredibly happy with the fight because he rates JDS as one of the best and it would be a big win for him.

Yeah JDS was the only available cause they gave the TS to Stipe. If they had given the shot to Ben instead, everything would be fine.

Back