Arlovski vs Mir - fight and aftermath

I've been a long time Mir detractor, and I certainly think AA is the rightful favorite here.

But let's not ignore history. AA has looked good lately, but he does has a history of chin issues, while Mir's striking has looked better and more powerful then ever lately.

Don't get me wrong, AA is a MUCH better striker then zombiebigfoot and Duffee, but I would not be even a little shocked to see Mir land a bomb and get the KO.

With that said, AA by KO rd 1

AA should get the win, however I have learned never to count out Mir.

Toss up really, but I hope AA wins as I feel he has the better shot at fight for a title again and doing well.

Arlovski is the more skilled fighter, far better stand-up and his TDD should keep this fight standing. However, Mir is a powerful dude and if he manages to connect he could easily put Arlovski's lights out. Arlovski wins this fight 4 out of 5 times imo.

Also I think it needs pointing out that the shots that put Arlovski to sleep in his previous fights would have KO'd most guys, he was just a bit chinny. The guy can take a punch.

Cant believe so many ppl are doubting Mir.

I think this is a 50/50 fight.

To be fair, he also got his jaw broke by a LHW in that span. But let JDS of 2011 fight AA, and see what happens. Also, Barnett stoppage wasnt a stretched out KO, it has been argued early stoppage as well. Mir has never been put out cold (Even Carwin, I think he gave up vs being put asleep.) AA has had his lights shut off stretched out cold multiple times.

I thought Mir was dead after Carwin fight

To be fair, he also got his jaw broke by a LHW in that span. But let JDS of 2011 fight AA, and see what happens. Also, Barnett stoppage wasnt a stretched out KO, it has been argued early stoppage as well. Mir has never been put out cold (Even Carwin, I think he gave up vs being put asleep.) AA has had his lights shut off stretched out cold multiple times.

he got his jaw broken by Rumble Johnson, not exactly the same as if it was Pat Cummings. Plus he fought through that injury and went 2 more rounds to a decision.
Personally I think both guys actually have pretty decent whiskers at this point in their careers, I am just tired of people bringing up AA KO losses from 5 years ago.

Back