Arlovski vs Mir - fight and aftermath

Mir has a good shot here, he showed in his last 2 fights patience, durability and ability to weather the storm of a power striker and not get caught. He has good power, more then enough to KO Andrei.

However, Andrei does hold a big edge in the stand up in speed, precision and technical ability/skills. I think he should be able to take Mir out in round 1. I got Andrei winning it, but Mir has a shot here

Arlovski by ko. Mir will dance again.

this could be lopsided for either fighter.mir could hug aa for 3 rounds or aa picks apart mir which he could still get koed because his chin isnt better than mirs imo,

This fight seems to be a gimme for Arlovski. I cant see any possible way Mir can get the win, AA's TDD is too good and he will keep the fight standing and IMO get the KO in the first. Does anyone have faith in Mir? And if AA gets the win where will it leave both fighters? A win over Mir wont warrant a title shot if the UFC didn't want to give it to him now and should Mir look at retirement if he does get badly knocked out? Either way, it seems like it will be a tough night for Mir.

Yeahbi have to completely disagree that this is a gimme for Arlovski i would classify this a close fight. Forst of all we all know both fighters have a glass jaw and enough power to KO eachother with just 1 shot so thats far from a gimme right there.

Secondly your looking to basic at the fact that Arlovski has good takedown defense. It may not even be a double leg that gets him to the mat it could be a scramble if hes hurt. Look at Kongo vs Mir where Mir hit Kongo that got ahold of jis neck and chocked him unconsious.

I acctually favor Mir but thats more of a gut feeling. I see this as a coinflip.

This fight is 50/50. Mir's striking and power is not laughable. AA is def the favorite on the feet, but, Mir could hold his own. You think if Mir lands one like brown did to drop AA, do you honestly believe Mir wont finish him?

Also, Mir took down Overeem recently. Who else can say that?

AA should be the favorite, but Mir should not be counted out.

Mir's gonna have to go for broke if he wants to win IMO.If he shows up "with a gameplan", he'll just get decisioned, if not tko'd. Arlovski's just too fast for him. If he brawls with AA, there's a chance he could catch him with a big shot, or end up with a sub during a scramble. Arlovski wins this fight 7/10.

Arlovski on paper is a better striker

BUT

So were Kongo, Duffee, Nog, Cro Cop, and Mir beat all them with his striking. (well, ok, technically he subbed Kongo but come on, we all saw how it went down... literally)

Mir isn't afraid to mix it up on the feet with better strikers. He's pretty fearless, he's competent enough to survive against guys like Overeem and Cormier despite being outclassed, and he packs a solid punch.

For a guy like Arlovski, who has shown major fight IQ lapses and a questionable chin, this is a VERY dangerous fight. Mir won't be gunshy, and he can bang. Arlovski needs to really mind his P's and Q's and who knows how the threat of Mir's ground game might affect his striking.

I'm not saying I'm picking Mir, I think it's a pick 'em fight, but if you really look at how they've both performed, I'm saying it's pretty poor analysis to count Mir out.

This fight is not a pickem and not one of the fighters you mentioned was as good a striker as Arlovski, besides Crocop who was washed up.

Arlovski deserves to be a pretty decent sized favorite

I don't really see any underdog in this fight. Arlovski's chin isn't half as bad as some like to make out, but he IS susceptible to the flash ko. He does an okay job of recovering, but he can be flash KOd, and any GENUINE bomb could end it.

I think Mir can take a slightly better punch, and his submission game is clearly the superior of the two. But taking Arlovski down isn't something easily accomplished.

I lean very, very slightly in Arlovski's favor, but I have zero problem seeing Mir win.

I'll say this, if they both come out and fight the way they did in each of their last performances, this is no doubt going to be FOTN.

This fight is not a pickem and not one of the fighters you mentioned was as good a striker as Arlovski, besides Crocop who was washed up.

Arlovski deserves to be a pretty decent sized favorite

Some Tiresalesmen though... have better striking than AA.

A Mir KO isn't out of the realm of possility. Arlovski has fantastic offensive striking but still has issues defensively and Mir has pretty good power.

The point everyone is missing is that if Arlovski knocks out Mir, he's doomed to lose his next fight...

Arlovski should win this fight, but Mir is a big man and carries a good punch. When talking chins of this caliber you can never bet and be safe... if Brett Rogers can march forward and land on AA's chin, Mir has a chance to do the same.

I expect Mir to come out guns blazing, he's not going to be able to get Arlovski down unless he can get him to guess that hes going for a punch when a takedown is coming. Mir in this match up doesn't have to worry about getting bullied in the clinch cause that's not something Arlovski does so I think it's going to be a striking battle where Mir will have the threat of the takedown opening up strikes more for him.

Close fight don't know who's going to win it and don't really care either as I'm a fan of both fighters. I wish Arlovski was fighting Werdum like he should be and Mir was fighting Cain as those two match ups are much more interesting.

Coin flip fight. Arlovski should win, but he's been knocked out a bunch.

AA is much faster and technical on the feet. Hope he wins.

Like some posters have said, arlovski is 7/10 favorite. Faster hands and his defense seems better. He also recovered quickly when he got cracked by Browne and he ate a good hook too. Mir ate some bombs from duffee and his boxing has improved, but arlovski has a nasty right hand.

I think this is a flip if the coin, probably even give slight edge to Mir.
Simply because arlovski has a glass jaw. He may beat on Mir for a while, but if Mir can get one half descent shot in, I think it'll put AA away.

AA was last stopped 2/12/2011

since 2/12/11 Frank has been stopped twice

Mir's path after a victory is a little more straight forward than AA's since Mir is probably a good bit further from a title fight.

But with the Werdum/Cain rematch holding up the division, who knows when a new challenger will have a chance? In my opinion, Arlovski should have gotten the shot against Werdum. I guess if Arlovski wins, then guys like Santos, Miocic, Rothwell, and Overeem would be up next for him.

AA was last stopped 2/12/2011

since 2/12/11 Frank has been stopped twice

To be fair, he also got his jaw broke by a LHW in that span. But let JDS of 2011 fight AA, and see what happens. Also, Barnett stoppage wasnt a stretched out KO, it has been argued early stoppage as well. Mir has never been put out cold (Even Carwin, I think he gave up vs being put asleep.) AA has had his lights shut off stretched out cold multiple times.

Back