Arlovski vs Mir at UFC 191

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is awesome ! I wanted to see it a long time ago. I hope they make Arlovski vs Cro Cop after this one :D

Step down for Arlovski. Doesnt make any sense whatsoever.

Why is Arlovski being put on the sideshow circuit, though? He's on a five-fight winning streak, and his last win was over a top-5 HW. I get the skepticism around the idea that he's truly a top HW again, but he has earned a chance to fight other top guys (and he's the most deserving title challenger at the moment).

If Mir wins, he's a shoo-in to be the first ever two-time winner of Sherdog's Comeback Fighter of the Year.

That sucks. Probably Werdum-Stipe for the title. Although Werdum decided to sit on the belt for a while, so who knows, when Arlovski nukes Mir he'll get the shot anyway.

Could you imagine if Frank Mir beat Andrei and then went on to sub Werdum? I know subbing Werdum seems like an impossibility but no one expected Mir to be able to sub Nog either.

Probably gonna book Werdum/JDS or maybe theyre holding out to see if the can finally sign Fedor so they can set up that rematch idk. But I like the AA/Mir match. 10 years in the making & I cant wait.

It's pretty simple. They're both on winning streaks and when Frank Mir was heavyweight champ and got injured, Arlovski was the interim champ until they made him the official champ. This is a heavyweight match up that has literally been over a decade in the making.

It's pretty simple. They're both on winning streaks and when Frank Mir was heavyweight champ and got injured, Arlovski was the interim champ until they made him the official champ. This is a heavyweight match up that has literally been over a decade in the making.

Maybe, but that becomes irrelevant when almost everyone agrees that Andrei deserves a shot at the title. Sure, it's a treat to us fans but it's unfair to Andrei.

Arlovski by Knockout. The last time Mir faced a good boxer was JDS, and we saw how that went. And I think Arlovski hits harder than JDS and is more technical. Mir's only chance is for a sub but the Pit Bull has an excellent ground game.

I don't get it... Who is going to fight for the title?

I like this match-up, but not now. It's a huge step down for Arlovski, who deserves a title shot.

Who gets it instead, Stipe? Guy's riding a one-fight win streak over a 40+ Mark Hunt, coming off a loss. Straight bullshit.

Could you imagine if Frank Mir beat Andrei and then went on to sub Werdum? I know subbing Werdum seems like an impossibility but no one expected Mir to be able to sub Nog either.

This fight was supposed to happen in 2005.

Crazy how all three of those guys were thought to be at the twilight of their careers years ago.

WAR HW legends.

Does this mean Fedor is fighting for the title!!!

Good fight and a its a good style match up for him. He should be able to win this fight by KO in the 1st round if he fights smart like he did in his last 2 fights. Mir has power as well so it could go his way if he can land that shot.

I favor AA 70/30 by KO here

Not ripping on mir, but c'mon ufc! Arlovski in the top 5, just beat a guy in the top 5, and now he is fighting Mir? :rolleyes:

Unless the ufc is actually giving Fedor a title shot for our amusement this is a bad move on Arlovski!

Last edited:
Back