Arlovski is literally just cashing checks at this point, milking the system

Yep, nice to see solid veteran pay.
In 2019 Arlovski fought three times and got 300K show money per fight.

That might not sound like a ton but that's 3x more than some ladies (like Rose, Zhang) with title fights and 2.5x the show money given to guys like Wonderboy, Till, Aldo, Ngannou.

Outside of the title fights I think that only about 7 fighters got more show money than Arlovski during 2019
(Reem - who's been the most stable earner ever, Silva, JDS, Cain, Weidman and the BMF-fight)

Source: my old thread https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/highest-fighter-salaries-of-2019-show-money.4048949/
Lol yeah he was. Decent HWs in their 20s are hard to come by. Plus Canada is itching for another star.
It's true.
That's why I'm amazed when someone argues a certain age is past prime by definition. Heavyweights

Last edited:
Ain’t that smart. I’m just glad he’s not getting ko’ed lately.

old Arlovski.... I miss him, the aura, the energy, the hot looks, the fucking epitome of wild beast of a man that he was. Men wanted to be him, women wanted to be with him. Now.... his brain will be studied for years by the medical community.

Does anyone know what fight Arlovski broke his nose?

It takes two to tango. Both guys were too cautious.

I enjoyed the fight. I skipped the WMMA fight though. to each their own.

old Arlovski.... I miss him, the aura, the energy, the hot looks, the fucking epitome of wild beast of a man that he was. Men wanted to be him, women wanted to be with him. Now.... his brain will be studied for years by the medical community.
Young, Handsome Andrei was like a mythical beast. I sometimes wonder how he would’ve been If he never lost to Tim Sylvia.

Its not like you gain fans at this stage. He fights safe to preserve his body to have as many fights as possible. Nothing wrong with that. The hungry newcomers need to bring it to him. Hes probably gonna ride out his contract and then go to Bellator.

It's impossible to get a better chin as you age....prob not without a little help Remember how steroids allowed Bigfoot to absorb Mark Hunt punishment for 3 Rounds straight? That was bonkers

Yeah you can understand why Hunto is so pissed about PED abuser. He too took a shitload of brain damage in his first fight with Bigfoot. And then in the rematch with Bigfoot off it he just dusted him immediately, just like he should've in their first fight

I say good on him. He's had a long, often rough career, so if the UFC wants to throw terrible WMMA on every card, then good on Arlovski for going through the motions for more paychecks.

Yep, nice to see solid veteran pay.
In 2019 Arlovski fought three times and got 300K show money per fight.

That might not sound like a ton but that's 3x more than ladies with title fights and 2.5x the show money given to guys like Wonderboy, Till, Aldo, Ngannou.

that actually sounds like a lot. nearly 1m in a year? obviously he has taxes and shit but that's a fat pay check for, what?, 45 minutes of work in a year?

Young, Handsome Andrei was like a mythical beast. I sometimes wonder how he would’ve been If he never lost to Tim Sylvia.
Imo best Arlovski was before Fedor took His soul. Way sharper boxing and still going for the ko with massive punches while having lot better footwork and defense. Cautious but still punishing the opponent. Imo Fedor took away a lot. Otherwise he imo could have made annother title run in UFC

that actually sounds like a lot. nearly 1m in a year? obviously he has taxes and shit but that's a fat pay check for, what?, 45 minutes of work in a year?
It's a solid paycheck. But he can't count on being able to fight 3x per year - he could get a KO at any time and have to fight less often.

And he would probably lose his shit if he saw someone did not count training as "work". ;)

It's crazy he and Reem are making 500+ per fight but guys like Tony and Dustin have to beg for a million in title fights

Arlovski is an ex ufc champion and Overem won a K-1 grand prix 2009 and also has the belt in Dream. If I am not mistaken he also had the belt in Strikeforce

It's a solid paycheck. But he can't count on being able to fight 3x per year - he could get a KO at any time and have to fight less often.

And he would probably lose his shit if he saw someone did not count training as "work". ;)

i agree, especially for Arlovski because it's clear he takes his career seriously. but for guys like Tai Tuivasa and many other HWs, i doubt they train that much. it's basically optional on how much you train. but yeah, Arlovski must train like an animal.

Lmfaooo
He's abusing the ufc checkbook to the max. Zero risk, zero finishes, just straight solid, decision mashine at this point of his career since his chin got cracked.

I don't blame him though. His chin has made a goat resurgence, and never forget Vampire Arlovski was a force to be reckoned with. He's still a vampire in 2020, but he's sucking 200k paychecks for decisions now. I luv it .
This is the UFCs version of SENIORITY IN THE COMPANY.

He's GOATED bro. No doubt
View attachment 813155

Dana has a soft spot for him and keeps mentioning he's a good guy and never talked shit about the UFC. I think in retrospect he knows how shitty the UFC treated him on his last fight of his contract. They did him so dirty that he was on a two fight winning streak after losing the belt that they refused to give him any fights for a year and put him on the fucking prelims back during the days when you couldn't watch them. On top of that Jake Obrien even said the Zuffa suits told him they would air the fight if he beat Arlovski. The Zuffa days with Joe Silva where fucking ruthless.

Despite all of there isn't a single interview out there where Arlovski talked shit about the UFC that I know of.

Where did I say I'm mad? I said I love it. Only person mad is your illiterate ass. Cornball.
You said you don't blame him, which indicates he is somehow doing something wrong. The entire idea that he's gaming the system by taking and winning fights is fucking asinine.

Lmfaooo
He's abusing the ufc checkbook to the max. Zero risk, zero finishes, just straight solid, decision mashine at this point of his career since his chin got cracked.

I don't blame him though. His chin has made a goat resurgence, and never forget Vampire Arlovski was a force to be reckoned with. He's still a vampire in 2020, but he's sucking 200k paychecks for decisions now. I luv it .
This is the UFCs version of SENIORITY IN THE COMPANY.

He's GOATED bro. No doubt
View attachment 813155

Yeah. The only full fight I watched of him was getting starched by Fedor. I tried watching his last night but ended up fast forwarding. He sucks ass.

It's crazy he and Reem are making 500+ per fight but guys like Tony and Dustin have to beg for a million in title fights
I never understood it either. Even the shittiest HW no-names, that I don't give a fuck about, seem to be earning more than great LW guys.

Looks to me like he just is fighting smart and to his strengths. Boser was as much to blame for that fight.

Yo is this dude an actual vampire? He actually still moves well and looks like he hasnt age at all since the 90's lol. Maybe those fangs were real?

Back