Arlovski has one of the best chin at HW right now.

It helps that he fought Rothwell who clearly lost any power without PEDS.

His chin has always been underrated. Not in the sense that it's great but in the sense that it's better than the "glass chin" moniker the haters gave him.

If you think his chin is glass then watch his fight with Rumble where he gets his jaw broken and goes on to brawl like a warrior for the next 3 rounds.

No way a glassjaw would have survived that.

AAs chin is OK but the shots he got KOd by due to poor defensive decisions would have KOd anyone.

People say you've got a glass chin if you've been knocked out a few times; Overeem get the same criticism.

Fact is, the shots that put down Arlovski and Overeem have all been big and landed clean; they've not been put down by whiffing jabs.

Guys in the division who don't have a reputation for being chinny, like Francis, simply haven't taken similar shots.

Yeah but he's lost almost all of them too. He tries to hide/survive during fights to hope he gets a decision. Feed him to greg hardy and lets see if he can survive a round.

No it's not "quite obvious".

If Tito throws that 1-2 at Jon Jones the same way he threw it at Chuck, he'd hit Jones in the throat or collar bone, so probably not.

Brave guy. Hypothetically placing all of his money on something that will never happen.

Show me these punches.

Show me the studies.

Just watch Chuck Liddell fights before and after Rampage 2 and see the difference as time goes on. It should be obvious to somebody who watches MMA and combat sports that chins are a real thing and they regress over time in many cases. Some guys can naturally take harder shots than others too.

Here’s an article
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/synd...rs-chin-what-makes-a-fighter-durable.amp.html

Have you never watched a fighter and commented to yourself “wow, what a chin that guy has”?

Do you think this punch would knock out the majority of world class fighters at 205? Somebody like Rampage goes out cold from that?

upload_2019-7-22_14-2-46.gif

Pretty much the entire MMA community was wrong about his chin, it's looking fantastic lately. 8 fights, 24 full rounds in a row without getting knocked out, impressive for a HW.

How come we were all wrong?
I mean with all due respect, his last 8 opponents suck.
upload_2019-7-22_14-9-10.png

You'e chin most certainly doesn't improve as you get older. He has an average chin, no better

Arlovski lives to prove the doubters wrong. He's made of different stuff than us mortals.

It's the HW division, there's no such thing as a solid chin, anyone who gets hit with an Ngannou/Overeem uppercut is going out.

Rothwell, Tuivasa, Harris, and Struve "suck"?

2017 MMA fandom join date confirmed.

Ridiculous comment, even the Tybura fight people were saying that he was going to be KO'd. Whilst he lost them fights his chin held up in all those fights.

Rothwell, Tuivasa, Harris, and Struve "suck"?

2017 MMA fandom join date confirmed.
Rothwell was pretty good on the juice now meh. In all honestly I think most of the heavyweights are bad, they're either shot fighters prospects that aren't all that technical

DC, Stipe, Francis, JDS, Crutis, Alexander and Alsitair are the heavyweights i consider good. I'm still unsure about Cain and Blagoy Ivanov.

It helps that he fought Rothwell who clearly lost any power without PEDS.
Turned into a fucking ogre, but that son of a bitch can take a punch. Arlosvki was KO'd in his first fight, so this guy obviously has a lot of heart to still be here fighting. I haven't found his second run exciting, and he's lost some incredibly boring ass fights. He's still here though.

Fuck does he <45> he's just not getting hit clean that much these days, and its most likely due to the shit competition he is facing

"Massive resilience" doesn't mean anything when you can't compare the shots fighter A takes to the shots fighter B takes.

Sure there's physical variance, but show me where that proves a difference in resilience from individual to individual.

So you want exact measurement of impact force, angle, area on face, etc... of every KO or TKO punch on different fighters. :rolleyes:

That’s asking for absurd and impractical evidence, when casual observation and common sense is more than enough.

Reminds me of flat-earthers, who are mostly a lost cause and a waste of time in attempting to remediate.

Stay a foolish. It makes it easier to weed out who to NOT take seriously.

Just watch Chuck Liddell fights before and after Rampage 2 and see the difference as time goes on. It should be obvious to somebody who watches MMA and combat sports that chins are a real thing and they regress over time in many cases. Some guys can naturally take harder shots than others too.

Here’s an article
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/synd...rs-chin-what-makes-a-fighter-durable.amp.html

Have you never watched a fighter and commented to yourself “wow, what a chin that guy has”?

Do you think this punch would knock out the majority of world class fighters at 205? Somebody like Rampage goes out cold from that?

View attachment 619867

Just because you can post gifs doesn't mean your point is valid. We'll never know if a strike that KOd one fighter would KO another fighter.

Pretty much the entire MMA community was wrong about his chin, it's looking fantastic lately. 8 fights, 24 full rounds in a row without getting knocked out, impressive for a HW.

How come we were all wrong?

He wasn't fighting many dangerous strikers

He got KO'd in 3 of his previous 4 fights

So you want exact measurement of impact force, angle, area on face, etc... of every KO or TKO punch on different fighters. :rolleyes:

That’s asking for absurd and impractical evidence, when casual observation and common sense is more than enough.

What I'm asking for is less absurd than saying "Derp, wow that guy has a helluva chin on him!"

When its was glass, it was glass.

When its solid, its solid.

Ten years ago, Arlovski would get put to sleep with every hard shot that landed on his chin. But now its solid, taking hard shots nearly every fight.

I'd like to hear a scientific medical theory as to how this is possible.

You fight Rumble, get your jaw destroyed, and get a metal plate put in.

Back