Ariel telling Stephen A. to watch for Cowboy to fold like a cheap tent

"What joe rogan doesnt know is i was speaking to a guy by the name of Ariel Helwani, who i'm talking to right now, who kept reminding me leading up to the fight; Cowboy Cerrone doesn't show up in big events, the lights get brighter, he kinda shrinks Stephen A, look out for it..."

2:20 in/

Bet Ariel wouldn't say that to Cerrone tho. Would love to see that interview. Is he wrong? No, but to say that to Cerrone is a different story.

Although he's not wrong on this, Ariel is a piece of shit. He'd smile in Donnie's face then talk shit behind his back. Now he's sucking up to Stephen A. Smith. I can't wait for the day somebody breaks that nose. Hopefully Zuffa will put Red Goof vs Ariel on one of their undercard. Only time I'll ever root for Dana.

dana would never take that or any fight. reason he tries so hard to act hard is he's a pussy. all that mean mugging in mens flex magazines, wow what a tough-guy

even donald trump has made a WWF appearance, thats more than dana will ever do

I can empathize on that, quitter is a poor word choice, but cowboy has not lived up to his potential in big fights before
No doubt. I'm not even that offended by the fact that he called him a quitter. It was definitely a distasteful thing to say, but when you are a public figure and get paid to compete on television you open yourself to any and all criticism of your performance.

I just don't like this silly narrative that Steven A and some people on here have pushed saying that people are disagreeing with him about not seeing enough from Conor. I think everyone agrees with that.

Anyone who truly wants to win wouldn't cripple themselves before a fight. Cowboy promising not to grapple already to you he was going to lose the fight in the 1st round, AND FAST.

Conor had nothing to be threatened by, and was comfortable to throw whatever he wanted since Cowboy wasn't going to fight back.

Can't say I disagree with SAS, especially when he says "what we saw from Conor McGregor that night showed us NOTHING about what he would potentially do in a rematch with Nurmagomedov"

Conor got a cherry picked fight where he had almost zero chance of losing, instead of fighting someone hungry enough to win, or at least put up a fight.

What good is reward without risk? It's boring, and it's just the way Conor likes it. It's why he chose Cowboy over Poirier, Gaethje, Ferguson, and even Holloway.

For once, i'd like to see Conor risk a contender matchup by fighting someone who can potentially beat him instead of playing it safe and then acting like he deserves whatever he wants.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back