News Ariel shares new details about UFC competitor WFL

Stupid. They should at least do what the UFC refuses to do - have a 165 and 175 division, and get rid of 170.

Give a guy a 225 division, then listen to him bitch that there isn't some other good change to go along with it.

Seasons just don't work for MMA to me. It's silly and doesn't make sense. You make fights when you can make fights. If you can strive for 1 event a month, that would be ideal.
Ya. I wonder if it's about a TV contract more than it making the most sense for the sport or athletes.

225 and 265 doesnt sound too good, unless they follow ONE FC weight cut rules.

Edit: It gets worst with every new point read, LOL.

Poor man's IFL, destined to fail.

They're looking to get mindless team supporting fans.

hopefully they will drop this team shit. i cant see them being successful with it, litterally nobody wants MMA in team format. There is zero market for it.

I want them to do well since they are offering a real revenue split with fighters, and the UFC and bellator are owned by a bunch of psychopaths

Sounds like a mix between PFL and IFL...

Point #2 is very good!

IFL makes a return

It won’t last, especially with a flat name like that

I truly miss Strikeforce / Elite XC. They had the “it” factor as far as production and quality went (although Bellator beats UFC in the production department)

Even number of matches makes absolutely no sense

Stupid. They should at least do what the UFC refuses to do - have a 165 and 175 division, and get rid of 170.

All garbage

More weight classes wont change people trying and cutting 10lbs to 15lbs in lower weight classes to 30lbs at LHW or HW

All guys who think more weight classes helps are naive and never cut weight and also are naive at how it just watered divisions down in boxing and wrestling and made everyone a baby. This is Ultimate Fighting NOT ultimate baby

Wanting more weight classes is like wanting more rules

ONE FC is the best overall MMA organization in terms of rules and prsctice and actually eliminated weight cutting, has the best rule set (pride but with elbows but sadly no spiking or soccer kicks) and superior judging they also dont have USADA which depeneding your opinion on roiding is either good or bad. If Only the UFC would adopt ONES weight cutting elimination process and rule set

Ones ONLY issue is the LHW cap is at 225lbs and the HW cap is 265lbs but given how shallow their divisions are it they have no HW who approach 265lbs and few big LHW over 225lbs

UFC

competitor

LOL, nah. UFC will always be the premiere A league org.

I mean this sounds cool but we’ve seen this sort of thing tried before and the conclusion I’ve come to, regardless of the logistics of the organization, is that mma can’t be ran as a team sport because it isn’t a team sport.

and remove the 265 weight cap limit if you want to avoid weight cutting - heavy weights cut weight too - 225+ should be the heavyweight division - I want to see freak show fights

1. * I am told WFL officials have been meeting with a lot of prospective owners lately. Potentially, some recognizable faces to MMA fans will be attached.

Phil Baroni! Yes!

I hope they put on some fun shows before they run out of money???

{<jordan}

Are their sponsors Affliction and Binance.com?

seems legit

Back