Ariel on his relationship with Dana

He didn't lose his credentials for breaking anything important. He leaked an announcement early to get himself attention.

The point is he's the only Journalist that WOULD and CAN go against Dana.
Everyone else is so shook from getting their media credentials taken away that they would never ever report something negative on the UFC.

He's the only one with credibility and actual journalistic integrity, despite being a weasel and a drama queen. That's the sad reality of MMA "journalism". All others are on Dana's payroll, quite literally.

Everyone else is so shook from getting their media credentials taken away that they would never ever report something negative on the UFC.

He's the only one with credibility and actual journalistic integrity, despite being a weasel and a drama queen. That's the sad reality of MMA "journalism". All others are on Dana's payroll, quite literally.
The media who are at press conferences are all making sure they don't lose their credentials because they'll lose their jobs with their media companies. There is decent analysis but its usually smaller media companies.

I want the MMA Beat back (A Team) and all is forgiven

His relationship with Dana is one of the only times I've ever been on Dana's side.

Agreed. That was some low down greaseball shit he pulled at UFC 199. He's lucky he is not buried in the desert somewhere. Dana will never, ever let that go.

Ariel was not banned for saying something negative about the UFC. He was banned for leaking Brock's UFC 200 comeback fight an hour before the UFC was planning on announcing it at UFC 199. He knew what their plans were, and he did it anyway, without telling them he was planning to do so or even asking for comment.

Ariel was not banned for saying something negative about the UFC. He was banned for leaking Brock's UFC 200 comeback fight an hour before the UFC was planning on announcing it at UFC 199. He knew what their plans were, and he did it anyway, without telling them he was planning to do so or even asking for comment.
Also, according to Dana, wwe got pissed for leaking the information early which makes sense knowing Vince McMahon.

Dana loves to hate on certain people. Ariel is an obvious target for Dana . I think his time is coming he’s been trying to improve you can tell especially after the triller attacks on Dana . Let’s see

I made a thread about him asking if Jorge cried after his loss to Usman lol, and in the Weidman interview he was asking him about his kids seeing his leg break in half

Who knows what psychology is, I think this is what he likes about MMA, seeing as much about the fighters intimate, personal lives for his entertainment
i get confused though as to what people think mma journalists should be asking and reporting on. there isn't a whole lot other than personal and interpersonal stories.

I like Ariel, but when he starts his bullshit victim mentality he's the most annoying cunt in the world.
For a journalist, he sometimes has really thin skin.
his job isn't just to write investigative news stories though.

Luke Thomas has talked about this. You can't be a real journalist in the sport without pissing off the fighters and Dana. Helwani is banned from speaking to Dana and also banned from interviewing any of Ali's fighters.

Luke Thomas has talked about this. You can't be a real journalist in the sport without pissing off the fighters and Dana. Helwani is banned from speaking to Dana and also banned from interviewing any of Ali's fighters.

It's entirely true.
Ariel may be a drama-queen, stirring up shit, etc.
But he's the only one that is not literally dependent on Dana as if he was his child like the other journalists are.

There's some exceptions, to some degree, of journalists who are really trying to be independent and speak their mind. But most of them are still in some way shackled by Dana and the UFC.

His relationship with Dana is one of the only times I've ever been on Dana's side.

You're weird. You know what happened between him and Dana? It's been talked about - and it's the reason sports media came to Ariel's aid and backed him after Dana tried to ban him. Ariel was just doing his job, but Dana doesn't like that. He wants people to play only by his rules.

Helwani is a classic narcissist. It’s never his fault and he’s a victim in every situation. An absolute turd of a human being.

A lot of truth right here guys.

People love to shit on Ariel here but the truth is he is one of the few journalist that actually does very good job of being a journalist.

Just go look around at the various MMA sites. It's copy and paste stories or interviews over and over and over and over again. There is very little of any journalism going on. When guys like Ariel or Luke do try to be journalist fans just shit on them.

The UFC/Dana should learn by now is just about impossible to keeps new under wraps for weeks. Don't be pissed when it comes out a week earlier then you wanted it to. Crying about news stories and going after journalist which in some cases barely make livable wage(not talking about guys like Ariel) is just petty and it should be beneath them. They have done better but they still take things very seriously like it's still 2003 and they have to fight everyone on legitimacy of the sport of MMA.

Oh you like Dana’s hand-picked cuck-media where the same motherfucker asks the first question every single time? Thanks for outing yourself.
giphy.gif
"Whose got the first question?"

A lot of truth right here guys.

People love to shit on Ariel here but the truth is he is one of the few journalist that actually does very good job of being a journalist.

Just go look around at the various MMA sites. It's copy and paste stories or interviews over and over and over and over again. There is very little of any journalism going on. When guys like Ariel or Luke do try to be journalist fans just shit on them.

The UFC/Dana should learn by now is just about impossible to keeps new under wraps for weeks. Don't be pissed when it comes out a week earlier then you wanted it to. Crying about news stories and going after journalist which in some cases barely make livable wage(not talking about guys like Ariel) is just petty and it should be beneath them. They have done better but they still take things very seriously like it's still 2003 and they have to fight everyone on legitimacy of the sport of MMA.

Thanks for the props and you're right on aswell. It's a problem. UFC is stuck in 2003 trying to fight the real world (streaming, internet leaks, journalism).
Meanwhile it's common in other industries and even sports to a degree that things get leaked by journalists because they might have insiders, etc. These guys aren't publicly humiliated. The insider might get in trouble with his employee, but publicly shaming a journalist for doing journalist stuff and even banning him from your events? That's crazy and not very pro first-amendment from Dana.

i get confused though as to what people think mma journalists should be asking and reporting on. there isn't a whole lot other than personal and interpersonal stories.
I would like to hear a lot more about the technique, and philosophy of fighting

Ariel has never trained in his life so he doesn't understand anything about MMA other than drama, I don't mind a certain amount of that, it's interesting, but that's all he cares about

I would like to hear a lot more about the technique, and philosophy of fighting

Ariel has never trained in his life so he doesn't understand anything about MMA other than drama, I don't mind a certain amount of that, it's interesting, but that's all he cares about
you think most who cover other sports are experts in techniques?

if you want technique listen to the experts, not the journalist.

Back