Ariel on his relationship with Dana

Ariel basically asking for a hand out from Dana sounds like from reading the cliffs.

What about Ariel's relationship with Lorenzo, the smarter more level headed one?

Please don’t forget that Ariel cried, come on, his kids are gonna see that.

UFC signed Brock Lesnar, big fucking deal. Who cares? So petty.

Ariels personality is grating and not conducive with the overarching MMA audience. However, he is the only real journalist in the sport, and does a very good job.

ESPNs other two on-camera MMA journalists (Brett/Mark) are nothing more than stenographers brought in to appease Big Bald and Ali Abdelasleez.

Can someone point me to one of these "good" journalists in MMA?

Oh you like Dana’s hand-picked cuck-media where the same motherfucker asks the first question every single time? Thanks for outing yourself.
giphy.gif
That blue T-shirt fat fuck Morgan something isn’t it?

Oh you like Dana’s hand-picked cuck-media where the same motherfucker asks the first question every single time? Thanks for outing yourself.
giphy.gif

This

Sure, Ariel tried several times to start something between fighters, but at least he is not John Morgan asking Chandler if he feels it was his destiny to fight for the UFC title.

To my understanding the last straw with Ariel was him reporting the return of Brock Lesnar.

According to Dana, many reporters had that information but were asked to keep it private for the time being.
Ariel took it upon himself to report the news as if his investigative journalism got him the story.

Ariel is a snake and Dana doesn't want journalism, he wants UFC promoters. They are not a fit.

He fucked it. Doesn't matter weather he was within his rights as a journalist to run with a story he KNEW to be true. But when the organization were putting together some hail mary shit for one of their biggest ever stars. And you break the news.

Don't expect Christmas cards.

I can't say I dislike him to any extent. But he also bores me somewhat and comes off a bit weasle-y.

This pretty much sums up Ariel, he consistently stirs up shit, then plays the victim when there are consequences. Like, what did he expect to happen? He wanted the clout as the guy who spoiled one of the biggest returns in UFC history, but didn't think Dana would react negatively to it?

UFC: "Hey Ariel we're giving you a heads up on an announcement we're going to make, please don't leak it first because we're putting together a huge production for it next week. OK?"

Ariel: "Right-o"

UFC: "Brock Lesnar is returning to the UFC"

10 minutes after the phone call Ariel breaks the news. Then wonders why Dana doesn't like him. I mean fair enough if he found out the announcement by his own means, but Dana literally fed him the news so he could have a heads up and get stuff in place to make his own content, and he used it to break the news himself in the name of "journalistic integrity"

{<huh}

The UFC didn't give him the news. You're making up a fake conversation that never happened.

There's a reason the entirety of media came out on Helwani's side. It was the dumbest reason ever to ban him. Dana wants to completely control and filter MMA media.

Ariel is the ONLY good journalist in MMA which is evident by him being the ONLY one banned from UFC events.
It's that simple, really. All others are literally on Dana's payroll, not directly, but indirectly.

Ariel is the ONLY good journalist in MMA which is evident by him being the ONLY one banned from UFC events.
It's that simple, really. All others are literally on Dana's payroll, not directly, but indirectly.

Bullshit.

It’s not just Dana. There’s a very good reason most fighters can’t fucking stand Ariel and it isn’t because of his “journalist integrity.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/04/how-one-bay-area-janitor-made-276000-last-year.html
"How one Bay Area janitor made $276,000 last year".

I bet a lot of Sherdoggers here can do the same job as this janitor for $276,000.

Helwani doesn't make funny jokes like a top comedian. He doesn't have any experience in a pro fight. He's not a coach. Some Sherdoggers can do his job for half the pay at $250,000.

It's the fighters who put their health on the line by sweating and bleeding.
It's the fighters who create content for entertainment.

Helwani doesn't deserve $500,000 if fighters are making $8,000-$50,000 to show up for a fight. They have sparring partners, gym fees, equipment costs, and travel costs to pay.

who are you to decide what a man deserves?

the truth is that people value, and pay, for drama. a lot of the drama happens outside of the cage. and many fighters are dry as dirt, inside and outside of the cage, and their earnings reflect it.

go watch Spartacus or Gladiator again... this isn’t about fighting or honor, it’s about putting on a show and giving the people what they want: drama

UFC is a soap opera for men

He didn't lose his credentials for breaking anything important. He leaked an announcement early to get himself attention.

Lol at Ariel saying he lost money.. dude is making like $500k at ESPN now. Dana made him famous.

Back