Ariel on his relationship with Dana

Cliffs:
Says he has a non-existent relationship with Dana.
Says he was 'supremely close' to Dana at one point.
Doesn't text or interact with Dana at all.
Says that not talking to Dana doesn't bother him. Says that if you are telling it like it is, your relationship will always be positive.
Says he gets uncomfortable if Dana messes with his life/when it gets personal.
Tries his hardest to not be biased, says sometimes it is difficult.
Says that when Dana is pissed, he lets you know.
Hasn't talked to him since UFC 199.
Says someone at ESPN nudged him to get his relationship with Dana sorted out and Ariel sent a text, and Dana never replied.
Says he can make a very strong case that the olive branch should be reached out to HIM. From Dana. As he lost money due to Dana's decisions.

if there is a boss at ESPN please fire this nut. He doesn't add any value to MMA fans.

I want someone to slap him
Why though?

He’s one of the least “yes men” out of any of the mma reporters. Everyone else just sucks the UFC’s dick and doesn’t say anything which might annoy the higher ups.

You’d think Ariel would actually be more liked seeing as he’s one of the few rogues in that sphere.

Ariel has definitely stirred the pot / asked instigating questions over the years but he’s alright. Being that sort of figure is a big reason why he’s as big as he is today.

Ariel crying for attention and trying to instigate shit for clicks yet again.
It's so sad when these morons here just keep posting garbage about him. He's a giant trolling douche. Stop bringing him up please. Thx.

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/04/how-one-bay-area-janitor-made-276000-last-year.html
"How one Bay Area janitor made $276,000 last year".

I bet a lot of Sherdoggers here can do the same job as this janitor for $276,000.

Helwani doesn't make funny jokes like a top comedian. He doesn't have any experience in a pro fight. He's not a coach. Some Sherdoggers can do his job for half the pay at $250,000.

It's the fighters who put their health on the line by sweating and bleeding.
It's the fighters who create content for entertainment.

Helwani doesn't deserve $500,000 if fighters are making $8,000-$50,000 to show up for a fight. They have sparring partners, gym fees, equipment costs, and travel costs to pay.

Problem with your statement is, there is no such thing deserve. The money you make is based on what values you bring to the table. A YouTuber with no talent can act like an idiot and make tons of money because he acted like an idiot not because he deserves the money. Some might find value in a person acting like a fool and their act might entertain the public that pay for it,

Problem with fighters is that they fight but they don't bring value in terms of entertainment, being personable or bringing something that is valuable to other people unless the people feel like they can relate or the fighter has the charisma to charm the market. Example being Miles Jury and Stephen Thomson, they are not exactly Conor or Floyd in star power but they are rising YouTube stars. They interact with fans, answer questions, open to video suggestion and etc...

In the end, they offer some form of value that people are willing to either pay or pay attention to and that is all that matters.

Ariel desperately wants back in Dana’s good graces. This sort of thing hurts his legitimacy.

Ariel does a better job of hyping fighters/fights than the ufc does

Common you cheap fucks, give TS some likes for those cliffs at least.

i don't like him, but banning him was wrong and makes UFC look weak

Ariel did nothing more than ask Dana the hard questions.. He did nothing wrong. Dana just wants to bully anyone that puts him in any position of accountability..

Crybaby instigator Ariel doesn’t like it when he’s on the other end of the gossip. Never forget that he cried, come on, his kids are gonna see that.

*SPOILS A HUGE CORPORATE SECRET FOR CLICKS*
Ariel: "Dana is fucking with my money!!!"
Ariel wasn't breaking anything important though, he told everyone Brock was fighting a few hours before they released it, and acted like he was risking it all for journalism lmao

Don't blame Dana for being pissed
Exactly. Dana hit that shit on the head. That was a Weasal move for likes and Ariel tried to spin it like he was in the trenches breaking hard hitting stories: Fuuuuuuuck youuuuuuu
michael-keaton.gif

It is nice to see most of sherbros united in the dislike against Ariel. Top 5 thread for me.

UFC: "Hey Ariel we're giving you a heads up on an announcement we're going to make, please don't leak it first because we're putting together a huge production for it next week. OK?"

Ariel: "Right-o"

UFC: "Brock Lesnar is returning to the UFC"

10 minutes after the phone call Ariel breaks the news. Then wonders why Dana doesn't like him. I mean fair enough if he found out the announcement by his own means, but Dana literally fed him the news so he could have a heads up and get stuff in place to make his own content, and he used it to break the news himself in the name of "journalistic integrity"

Why would Dana personally inform him every time there's a new big fight? Especially when he always disliked him for not being a shill like some of the other journalists asking how did you guys manage to pull off hosting such an amazing event tonight?

From what I remember, Ariel had a source inside the UFC that leaked the info to him and Dana got pissed and had to find out who it was.

He's a TMZ level shock journalist. I don't like him because he puts himself in the middle of too many stories.
Obligatory:
PoliticalNewIaerismetalmark-max-1mb.gif

But fr, MMA media at events (at least UFC) is a joke it’s like Dana pays them they’re so precious with him. Ariel actually has broken multiple big stories in MMA and is one of the few MMA journalists to have any integrity, I’m glad he’s still around.

Areola had always been a kiss ass. His mistake was misunderstanding his role as a UFC PR guy who is fed stories and trying to "break" a story probably told to him in confidence before the UFC wanted it told.

Back