Ariel on his relationship with Dana

Yup. His questions to JDS and Yoel about going back to their kids beltless were retarded as fuck. Even when JDS cried, he couldn't help himself.
Wonder if he feels like an alpha that way.
I made a thread about him asking if Jorge cried after his loss to Usman lol, and in the Weidman interview he was asking him about his kids seeing his leg break in half

Who knows what psychology is, I think this is what he likes about MMA, seeing as much about the fighters intimate, personal lives for his entertainment

Who is that dude with the 3 chins who gets to ask the first question at every press conference?

He's a TMZ level shock journalist. I don't like him because he puts himself in the middle of too many stories.

I agree but he also ask harder questions to fighters by far. I can respect that that. The other reporters are to scared too. They don't want to lose access.

Ariel wasn't breaking anything important though, he told everyone Brock was fighting a few hours before they released it, and acted like he was risking it all for journalism lmao

Don't blame Dana for being pissed

This, Helwani did it to get the scoop before everyone one else and it pissed Dana off because he trusted him.

After all that Ariel of course played the victim and did that 2 hour podcast of him crying lol.

UFC: "Hey Ariel we're giving you a heads up on an announcement we're going to make, please don't leak it first because we're putting together a huge production for it next week. OK?"

Ariel: "Right-o"

UFC: "Brock Lesnar is returning to the UFC"

10 minutes after the phone call Ariel breaks the news. Then wonders why Dana doesn't like him. I mean fair enough if he found out the announcement by his own means, but Dana literally fed him the news so he could have a heads up and get stuff in place to make his own content, and he used it to break the news himself in the name of "journalistic integrity"

This, Helwani did it to get the scoop before everyone one else and it pissed Dana off because he trusted him.

After all that Ariel of course played the victim and did that 2 hour podcast of him crying lol.
Right, and you know he literally planned that he would cry on the show

In hindsight it was all a big attention seeking nonissue, his career has been fine since then, he acted like his career was over lol

I like Ariel, but when he starts his bullshit victim mentality he's the most annoying cunt in the world.
For a journalist, he sometimes has really thin skin.

The obsession that Sherdog has with Ariel is not healthy.
Sherdog's favorite Canadian Jewish man.
FatherlyShamefulAmazontreeboa-max-1mb.gif

I agree but he also ask harder questions to fighters by far. I can respect that that. The other reporters are to scared too. They don't want to lose access.
The "hard" questions he chooses to ask are things like "how did your 4-year-old kid feel when you got KO'd in front him and millions of other people"

He doesn't ask anything interesting for the most part, it's all shit to get an emotional reaction, or to stimulate some type of beef

Ariel's MMA reporting is still pioneered in the sport, now that he is comfortable he has made some poor decisions, but we all do eventually especially when the spotlight is on you all the time, but what that being said, he's contributed more to MMA than our half ass posts talking crap about fighters we like to hate on or situations in MMA. I don't always enjoy Ariel's reporting but I do respect what he has contributed to the sport of MMA.

The "hard" questions he chooses to ask are things like "how did your 4-year-old kid feel when you got KO'd in front him and millions of other people"

He doesn't ask anything interesting for the most part, it's all shit to get an emotional reaction, or to stimulate some type of beef
Ariel seriously has no chill. LoL
That's why I love him.

But every question he ask is not what you said. He ask good questions too. I guess will have to disagree.

Dana can't stand having nothing but hand-picked stooges in the media to lick bread-crumbs off his fingers and ask nothing but softball questions that make the UFC look good (as hard as that is).

Exactly, I been seeing that since day 1.

Ariel last one to say mess with livelihood he exploit fighters for years making fun of fighters remember he made f7n of bob sapp during interview when bob sapp a real fighter beat real guys Ernesto host and this lil lanky nerd with a microphone and computer gets to tell bob sapp he’s fake ok yes he’s thrown a few fights but he’s also won few fights too Ariel never been in fight his life lil weasel

On one hand we have Dana's paid puppy media, on the other - instigator Ariel. No middle ground.

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/04/how-one-bay-area-janitor-made-276000-last-year.html
"How one Bay Area janitor made $276,000 last year".

I bet a lot of Sherdoggers here can do the same job as this janitor for $276,000.

Helwani doesn't make funny jokes like a top comedian. He doesn't have any experience in a pro fight. He's not a coach. Some Sherdoggers can do his job for half the pay at $250,000.

It's the fighters who put their health on the line by sweating and bleeding.
It's the fighters who create content for entertainment.

Helwani doesn't deserve $500,000 if fighters are making $8,000-$50,000 to show up for a fight. They have sparring partners, gym fees, equipment costs, and travel costs to pay.

Back