Ariel interviews paint in the process of drying.

I dont know why people expect cage fighters to be articulate and entertaining speakers

They want to be " entertained "because what fighters do inside the ring/cage is not enough.

It's true. You can be a dynamo in the cage all you want but the world doesn't respond to just being the best. Look at Mayweather. He makes a lot because people fucking hate him and want to see him lose. But they're emotionally invested, good or bad. All the other stuff, the circus around him, that's what pays the bills for better or worse.

Robbie's diction is no different than RRR's, and she was the biggest star in MMA.

He needs tits.

Lost to Hendricks and Condit and wonders why he gets no respect.

Last edited:
I think it's great, what you see is what you get. He just wants to knock them out and is about to refuse FOTN bonusses.

Robbie explains it well at the end. He's not a buzz guy. He's a beat people up guy.

He's more miss than hit in his interviews. I think that's just Robbie.

side note: his scar is a lot smaller than I expected it to be. Seems to only be at the end of his lip and doesn't travel up to his cheek. He got lucky.

I hear they are going to change the company name from

Ultimate Fighting Championship to It Is What It Is Championships

Seriously that line must be fed to everyone before an interview.

Big nosed Helwani is the worst MMA journalist around.

Well I'm sure you won't like my reasoning but I think he has been gifted two really bad decisions and outside of his Rory fight I don't find him all that interesting in the cage. I really resist this narrative of the 'old school' fighters, and it just seems to basically be a rejection of the evolution of the sport which I love. I don't really like brawlers.
I mean, you like fucking Mousasi but not lawler

So, you're just nuts

I mean, you like fucking Mousasi but not lawler

So, you're just nuts
I'm either nuts or I just have different taste in fighting than you. It could be the former, but if its the latter then that probably means you're nuts for caring that someone has different taste in fighters than you.

Cool projection, bro.
It's true though. If Ali never spoke he wouldn't be an icon and everyone would know Joe Louis was way better. Lawler's an awesome competitor and I love watching him fight, but he doesn't sell ppvs. And it doesn't seem like his approach to selling fights is working. Good for Helwani to try and bring some character out of him. When Carwin was on his way up, Paul Heyman was hired to help him with promos and character development. A guy like Lawler could only have benefitted from that. Many UFC fighters should, and probably will start working on their personas in a more serious way.

i find lawlers personality refreshing given the other fighter are becoming conor clones

Robbie is a guy who got to where he is by working hard , not by entertaining people. He is taking his job seriously and doesnt pay attention to bullshit and knows that to stay at the top he have to be focused and work hard. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. And some of you are salty cuz "he is not entertaining?" cmon... Look what happened to the entertaining ones Ronda , Connor , etc.... you have to be 100% focused and cut off the distractions .

Back