Media Ariel Helwani's goes off about UFC 247 Judging

I like ariels show but he has no idea what he's talking about. Ariel is the typical nerd who was horrible at sports and has no idea what it feels like to be an A-Level athlete. Enjoy the fights buddy but you are not a judge and have no clue about fighting

Although ... many fighters and "experts" agree with him. So ...

I've been saying it for a few while tho... About the split decision bs. You gotta be a dumb, confused mfer to want a split decision. Wanting a split decision means you accept that the fight was so close it could've gone either way. It means there was a controversial round where judges disagree on who edged it out. You can't be "sure" so and so won "at least by SD". Seen this argument being made since the Jones / Gus 1 fight and maybe before that but it's become more of a popular thing to say since.

Oh yeah I agree and I want to throw out there that I looked up the scorecards and joe Soliz gave Krause the third but not the first. He gave Giles 1,2 and gave Krause the 3rd. Makes literally no sense at all

Wow, no shit. The only reason at all that makes sense to me to have given Giles the 1st is if you had money on Giles. This guy needs investigated.

Last edited:
He is right. But Andrea Lee got the worst of it. Won every round rather easily but as Joe mentioned judges were not even paying attention.

Back