Media Ariel Helwani's goes off about UFC 247 Judging

Clear as day. To dig your heels in over THIS fight. You have to hate Jones.

We've all seen actual horrible decisions. And they weren't anything close to the longest reigning champion who is pressing the fight edging close rounds on the card.

And obviously it's not a scoring criteria, but to think there's no merit to the idea of "having to take the title from the champion" is just dweeb shit. And honestly disappointing from Ariel. Despite his dweeb status, he's been in it long enough to appreciate the sentiment.

Cuck

Imagine thinking the goat should be dethroned by someone running away for the last half of every round.

Just fuckin lol at the noob rage

Am I misremembering, or are you on team "Hendricks got robbed vs GSP!", a fight in which Hendricks coasted the whole 5th round?
My bad if you never called that fight a robbery... CTE is a bitch.

(If some of you believe that hateful newbies didn't want GSP to lose when he faced Hendricks, you should read some old threads; the Anderson fanboys were fierce spammers)

I've watched Reyes-Jones only twice, had it 3-2 Reyes the first time, but now I think it's a good example of a draw.
People are extra pissed off because it's the second time in a row that Jones had a 5 rounds decision he could have lost/gotten a draw with a different set of judges.
(last time against a natural MW)
Had his last couple fight been decisive victories over legit LHWs, there wouldn't be such a tsunami of outrage in the media.

The fight was close but looking back, Reyes didn't land even close to the amount of strikes comp box captured. He look good, but the crowd and announcers really hyped the fight in the direction of Reyes

Joe Rogan & Cruz spent the entire fight praising Jones, and Jones only; you can't say that they hyped it in the direction of Reyes when they did the exact opposite.

4-1? Like fuck
The Jones vs Reyes decision to let the champion retain the belt is not top 50 contraversial decision. You can reword it how you choose. When even a quarter of the people see it one way and the champ is badly hated it isnt contraversial at all

Am I misremembering, or are you on team "Hendricks got robbed vs GSP!", a fight in which Hendricks coasted the whole 5th round?

(If some of you believe that hateful newbies didn't want GSP to lose when he faced Hendricks, you should read some old threads; the Anderson fanboys were fierce spammers)

I've watched Reyes-Jones only twice, had it 3-2 Reyes the first time, but now I think it's a good example of a draw.
People are extra pissed off because it's the second time in a row that Jones had a 5 rounds decision he could have lost/gotten a draw with a different set of judges.
Had his last couple fight been decisive victories over legit LHWs, there wouldn't be such a tsunami of outrage in the media.

While I feel Hendricks did significantly more damage, I don't feel he actually hurt GSP enough to earn any 10-8s. Conor had Diaz more hurt in rounds 1 and 2 of their rematch and didn't get any 10-8s.

Henderson had Bisping near death in rounds 1 and 2, and didn't get a 10-8. That is, in my opinion, the worst robbery in UFC History. Other decisions have been more "incorrect", but it was Dan Henderson in his last fight, going for the last major title he never earned. And he won the 5th round. Against the much younger man. In England.

48-45 Henderson

But ya, GSP 48-47. Not even that controversial.

Ariel needs to be reminded that he’s there to ask questions, and that’s it. He’s starting to pretend to be an MMA Expert and Analyst. And that he definitely is not.

The Jones vs Reyes decision to let the champion retain the belt is not top 50 contraversial decision. You can reword it how you choose. When even a quarter of the people see it one way and the champ is badly hated it isnt contraversial at all
How am I rewording?

4-1? Lmao righto buddy

How am I rewording?

4-1? Lmao righto buddy
I'm talking about the overall decision. I really dont give a flying fuck about anything but the end result no matter how much you have tried to interject it. How they judged is how they judged. The result isnt contraversial so who gives a fuck?

Last edited:
Woah one of the judges gave Giles round one?

Giles did get a round, the 2nd. It's was so dominant I had him 10-8, but I'm quicker than most to hand out a 10-8, so the argument can be made it was 10-9.
But there's no way Giles won the 1st.

That said there is NO DOUBT Krause won the 1st and 3rd at 10-9 clearly. They were garden variety 10-9's....so I personally with a 10-8 in the 2nd had it a draw. The arguments can be made imo it was a tie or a 29-28 for Krause. But to give it to Giles they'd have to give him the 2nd at 10-7, which even by my looser scoring system, there's no way it was 10 -7. Krause got screwed and imo this was worse than Reyes/Jones, as was Lewis/Latifi.

Thank you and in the case of a draw it is not at all farfetched for the belt not to change hands.

How am I rewording?

4-1? Lmao righto buddy
That came off to harsh. Why would I possibly concern myself with whether a judge scored it 4-1 when the end result is not farfetched at all? What difference does it make. You care because you want to point out unfairness. In reality Reyes didnt do enough and Jones is still champ. That's reality

Cliffs
  • Fight night he thought Reyes won
  • Rewatched it, 2nd time around even more certain Reyes won
  • Judge Joe Solis is incompetent or corrupt
  • 4-1 Jones, 30-27 Ewell, 10-9 Giles in round 1 are all completely absurd scores
  • Lol @ people judging fights a split decision
  • Octagon control is irrelevant in this fight (judging criteria)
  • Fuck you if you repeat the phrase "to be the Champ you gotta beat the Champ"
I'm paraphrasing but you guys get it.

View attachment 726835

I like ariels show but he has no idea what he's talking about. Ariel is the typical nerd who was horrible at sports and has no idea what it feels like to be an A-Level athlete. Enjoy the fights buddy but you are not a judge and have no clue about fighting

• Octagon control is irrelevant in this fight (judging criteria)
  • Fuck you if you repeat the phrase "to be the Champ you gotta beat the Champ"
Exactly this.

No one cares about octagon control. Some people are better counter-striking and moving backwards with an overly aggressive opponent. Who gives a shit who is more aggressive when the numbers show that Jones was eating more shots?

It's completely unfair to people with a certain style and they should 100% remove it from the scoring criteria.

And yes, the phrase "to be the Champ you gotta beat the Champ" is retarded.

It's not a good reason to give the champion a fight if you're unsure of your own judging. Have some fucking competency and score the fight correctly instead of simply giving the champion a close round simply because he's the champ.

All it's doing is telling everyone that you're absolute shit at your job and shouldn't be judging fights.

I like ariels show but he has no idea what he's talking about. Ariel is the typical nerd who was horrible at sports and has no idea what it feels like to be an A-Level athlete. Enjoy the fights buddy but you are not a judge and have no clue about fighting
Cuts like knife lol

I guess you could say he hit it on the nose.

Exactly what point that he makes shows that he doesn't know what he's talking about? The only thing he shares that's an opinion is that Reyes won, which most people agree with. All of the rest of his points are irrefutable facts.

Giles did get a round, the 2nd. It's was so dominant I had him 10-8, but I'm quicker than most to hand out a 10-8, so the argument can be made it was 10-9.
But there's no way Giles won the 1st.

That said there is NO DOUBT Krause won the 1st and 3rd at 10-9 clearly. They were garden variety 10-9's....so I personally with a 10-8 in the 2nd had it a draw. The arguments can be made imo it was a tie or a 29-28 for Krause. But to give it to Giles they'd have to give him the 2nd at 10-7, which even by my looser scoring system, there's no way it was 10 -7. Krause got screwed and imo this was worse than Reyes/Jones, as was Lewis/Latifi.
Oh yeah I agree and I want to throw out there that I looked up the scorecards and joe Soliz gave Krause the third but not the first. He gave Giles 1,2 and gave Krause the 3rd. Makes literally no sense at all

Ariel needs to be reminded that he’s there to ask questions, and that’s it. He’s starting to pretend to be an MMA Expert and Analyst. And that he definitely is not.

Says who ? Communist Soviet Union ?

Back