Ariel Helwani's biggest regret: working for Fox

Ariel is funny, intelligent and the closest thing we have to Howard Cossell in the entire sport. He asks brutally upfront questions and picks apart the hypocrisy of the UFC as a whole. And he's giving his free time here to an aspiring teenage journalist and being honest about a mistake he made in his career.

Last edited:
Nah.. he never told Dana off and he cried on his podcast.

He always tells Dana exactly how he feels. Now he's making more than fighters in the UFC.

All things considered you should probably go easy on Ariel...

417229.jpg
<puh-lease75>

Last edited:
[QUOTE="SalvadorAllende, post: 166743851, member: 417229"
He always tells Dana exactly how he feels. Now he's making more than fighters in the UFC.

All things considered you should probably go easy on Ariel...

417229.jpg
<puh-lease75>
Why? I have like 15 years of combat sports under my belt and now I'm enjoying biking (and not getting punched in the head). Nobody has see me cry live on Youtube.

I think I'm in pretty good shape for a 34 years old dude. Gotta update that pic tho... that was like 1 years and 10lbs ago

Why? I have like 15 years of combat sports under my belt and now I'm enjoying biking (and not getting punched in the head). Nobody has see me cry live on Youtube.

I think I'm in pretty good shape for a 34 years old dude. Gotta update that pic tho... that was like 1 years and 10lbs ago

Ariel would knock you out and then report on the aftermath while staring at your corpse. In reality though he would buy you a few times over before it got to that point. Enjoy biking.

Creating a thread just to put a video from some other content creator should be a bannable offense.

Ariel would knock you out and then report on the aftermath while staring at your corpse. In reality though he would buy you a few times over before it got to that point. Enjoy biking.
Ariel ducked a grappling match with the Schmo.

Also why am Im a writing to a sweater?

I like Ariel but it almost feels like he is turning into the Milo of MMA. Feels like he is just a provocateur for the sake of being controversial a lot of times nowadays.

He has nothing else going for him. There are an increasing number of media members putting out excellent interviews nowadays, people don't need to go to him. So he has to resort to outright silliness.

Plus, his career is at a dead end. Lost the Fox job, walked away from ESPN, went back to MMA Fighting and other low rent sites. Seriously, who goes back to working for Vox?

Brendan Schaub, that "Schmo" guy, and Luke Thomas are absolutely worse than Helwani is.

This just made me sad.

We have those clowns, and that guy who looks like a potato and asks the fucking dumbest questions at every single press conference.

He's a successful bloodsport reporter that cries when his feeling are hurt.
And he's named after a mermaid.

I say let's allow it and see where it goes.

I actually like the Schmo in his podcast (while he is not doing his persona)... Thomas and Schaub are completely irrelevant. But at least one served in the army and the other fought. Helwani never threw a punch in his life.

Hi Ariel.

There is no need to have fought to be a great journalist. In fact id argue its almost the opposite. There arent a lot of fighters with degrees or any ability to objectively analysis other fighters. Schaubs a moron and Ariel is a better reporter, more entertaining and a better mma analyst.

Also wtf does being in the military have to do with anything?

One of the only reporters that has the balls to tell Dana to go fuck himself and he's still making more than almost everyone on the UFC roster.

HiddenEquatorialCentipede-max-1mb.gif
thats the decayed state of mma, not how cool ariel is.

Good reporter who actually goes after stories rather than just parroting the lines he's given by the organisations and managers, has enjoyable interviews and isn't afraid to ask tough questions.

Not sure why people don't like him.
This. It's respectable that he just doesn't follow the narrative and puts focus on the things other news/media avoid.

I don't know about you guys and gals, but I like when I get inside info on the inner workings of these companies like this. Interesting that Ariel said he's tried to change that money process.

Anyway I'm no Ariel fanboy.... I've openly criticized Arial for a long time of being an unnecessary instigator... a smart ass around genuine fighters who trusted him... and acting like an incel towards Arianny Celeste for her not taking him to his high school prom or something... I forget. But he was acting all immature and passive aggressive toward her after an incident... when he was hella young and starting out.

The whole Schuab beef pretty much burned me out on him. I'm not huge on Brendan either but Its tough to entertain tough talk from a guy that does it all from the safety of his studio.

He never said anything "tough" to Brendan.

God, I hate mma fans

I'm just curious the amount of regret helwani fans for watching him

Back