Ariel Helwani's biggest regret: working for Fox

I swear this guy has multiple accounts on Sherdog and just bump his shit down our throat.

Otherwise, it makes no sense why people keep making thread about this guy.

He is a pretty massive figure in the MMA— lots of connections, trusted news source.

It’s logical that have been made threads about him

Surprised it wasn't getting turned into a Sherdog meme for his crying
575638f925b1f136015194.gif

Good reporter who actually goes after stories rather than just parroting the lines he's given by the organisations and managers, has enjoyable interviews and isn't afraid to ask tough questions.

Not sure why people don't like him.

Brendan Schaub, that "Schmo" guy, and Luke Thomas are absolutely worse than Helwani is.
I actually like the Schmo in his podcast (while he is not doing his persona)... Thomas and Schaub are completely irrelevant. But at least one served in the army and the other fought. Helwani never threw a punch in his life.

One of the only reporters that has the balls to tell Dana to go fuck himself and he's still making more than almost everyone on the UFC roster.

HiddenEquatorialCentipede-max-1mb.gif
Nah.. he never told Dana off and he cried on his podcast.

Funny you say this, little Twerp. You’re one of the biggest whiners on Sherdog.
Hi Ariel.

"That went against every single rule I lived by."
And yet you accepted the offer.

Not sure why so many people have a problem with Ariel, never mind crying about posts being made about him.

Ariel has been a central figure (arguably the 'key' figure) in MMA media for many years...you don't need to like him to recognize his status, relevance, and contributions.

I like Ariel but it almost feels like he is turning into the Milo of MMA. Feels like he is just a provocateur for the sake of being controversial a lot of times nowadays.
turning into? he's been that for nearly all of his career. he's a pro wrestling guy so he likes big drama. he likes to start stoke tension between fighters and between fighters and the promotion. is normal.

I thought his biggest regret was throwing a pity party for himself and crying… Come on, his kids are gonna see that.

Good reporter who actually goes after stories rather than just parroting the lines he's given by the organisations and managers, has enjoyable interviews and isn't afraid to ask tough questions.

Not sure why people don't like him.
Because Nick Diaz once accused him of being an instigator, so tons of people automatically just accepted that and have carried it all these years.

I will agree with comments above, that the Schaub and DC beefs have become a really annoying part of Ariel increasingly making his show about himself lately. But up until he started at ESPN, he was always a consummate pro who didn’t deserve the hate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back