Ariel Helwani takes a subtle jab at former champion Nicco Montaño

damn Ariel triggered so many of you from a little troll tweet. lulz

Can't stand Ariel's face.

They should do an ESPN show with Ariel and Nicco where they talk the latest drama in MMA and paint each others nails.

We should thank Ariel for not just covering MMA, but also for partly exposing MMA. We tend to think these guys are all so-called "alpha's" and "Kings among men", but the way Ariel triggers them shows us they are pretty much suffer from the same insecurites "normal" people do. I mean, when woman starts publicly talking about guy's testicles and potential sexual preferences, you know he struck a nerve.

damn Ariel triggered so many of you from a little troll tweet. lulz

but the way Ariel triggers them shows us they are pretty much suffer from the same insecurites "normal" people do.

Its really not about that he "triggers" some sherdoggers or even fighters. Who cares. But that he deliberately talks down on fighters by spewing lies about them. He has no problem damaging the reputation of a fighter with lies if it gets him some more cash. Thats as low as it gets and now kicking Montano even more when she is down with this passive agressive style. You cant really support that.

Its bad that Montano didnt make weight but she had multiple surgeries and won the belt 10months earlier. There are quite some "stars" with worse title defense breaks who dont get treated like that. She is an easy target now and thats why Ariel attacks her.

Thats why he is not a journalist. Just a low life instigator. I dont get why any fighter supports him by visiting his show.

Its really not about that he "triggers" some sherdoggers or even fighters. Who cares. But that he deliberately talks down on fighters by spewing lies about them. He has no problem damaging the reputation of a fighter with lies if it gets him some more cash. Thats as low as it gets and now kicking Montano even more when she is down with this passive agressive style. You cant really support that.

Its bad that Montano didnt make weight but she had multiple surgeries and won the belt 10months earlier. There are quite some "stars" with worse title defense breaks who dont get treated like that. She is an easy target now and thats why Ariel attacks her.

Thats why he is not a journalist. Just a low life instigator. I dont get why any fighter supports him by visiting his show.
Maybe I am not too familiar with Ariel's feuds. Can you give another example of him lying about fighter?
I remember him triggering Mickey Gall by making him talk to Hardy (the guy Gall was actively calling out)
As for Nicco - UFC DID lose patience with her by removing her belt. He also triggered Khabib somehow by reporting of contract negotiations between Conor and Alvarez.

It needed to happen - joke of a division with a 4-2 nobody being handed a belt for winning TUF. Imagine say, Colton Smith, had been handed a UFC title at 3-1 having won TUF by being a blanket? Would he have been taken seriously? Montano never felt she was a UFC champion, you can tell by the fact she hasn't had a single fight since being handed the belt despite being apparently fit and ready to go.

When was the last time Ariel had to make weight?

Should wind his neck in instead of bitching on fighters

Wtf? Great defense.. Journalist dont have to make weight.
BUT fighters does.

She vacated. Ariel fucked up in my opinion. Back in the day, journalist used to vet their sources instead of posting everything without evidence.

She did?
Her team sent out a tweet saying they had not heard anything.
I am sure if she vacated her team would know.

Its really not about that he "triggers" some sherdoggers or even fighters. Who cares. But that he deliberately talks down on fighters by spewing lies about them. He has no problem damaging the reputation of a fighter with lies if it gets him some more cash.

Can you give me some examples of lies that he's spewed? Seems to me that he's reporting on credible MMA rumors, almost all of which end up being true.

Just because something hurts a fighters image, doesn't mean it's a "lie".

Helwani is dope!

ariel_haters.gif

Maybe I am not too familiar with Ariel's feuds. Can you give another example of him lying about fighter?
I remember him triggering Mickey Gall by making him talk to Hardy (the guy Gall was actively calling out)
As for Nicco - UFC DID lose patience with her by removing her belt. He also triggered Khabib somehow by reporting of contract negotiations between Conor and Alvarez.

Just to stay with Montano. Regarding lying I am talking about his "news" when she had surgery coming up. He did fabricate a whole story to create drama, even talking about UFCs statement when he did not talk to them. I dont even recall Rogan sinking that low.

And regarding UFC loosing patience. Its kind of a running gag if you continue to strip your champs without any sort of rule but just because well you feel like it. Especially since they stripped Cody of his interim title after 2 months because they had other plans. I think we have to accept that titles will loose more and more reputation regarding the UFC. The concept of earning and defending titleshots is now only rarely based on merits anymore.

She types 'mic [emoji] drop' then continues to rant for a few more sentences.

Pretty lame.

Back