Media Ariel Helwani Suggests Mike Perry vs Nate Diaz

So you think bringing up Perry's success against someone who's "not even close" to Nate's grappling, is relevant? Then try to blame it on my comprehension because your point is shit lol
<{outtahere}>

It's a MMA contest, not a grappling match, dummy.

It's relevant because Perry dominated a BJJ black belt in Mickey Gall on the ground.

Gall is a Gracie BJJ black belt under 6th degree black belt David Adiv. And Perry dominated Gall on the ground.

So that goes to show you that Perry might be good enough to at least survive on the ground with Nate. I'm not saying Perry is gonna armbar Nate. But Perry can win a decision.

So your reading comprehension still sucks. :)

tenor.gif

Last edited:
I literally can’t think of a single pro fighter on earth better suited for Nate. Technically inferior, fights emotional, doesn’t wrestle, cardio issues, primarily boxes, takes one to give one, doesn’t at all mind going against cage and charging straight at person... yeah that sounds like a nightmare for a Diaz brother haha. I like Perry but he is tailor made for a Diaz highlight reel.
Wrong. I would put money on this fight if made. Nate - chin up in the air, slow. Perry power for days...I see this completely different. I think Perry would decimate him.

Honestly I don't think Nate will be able to take Perry down unless Perry is hurt or gassed. Perry showed really underrated grappling and wrestling in his fights so far. He's also strong as hell. Gall is legit on the ground and Perry dominated him there.

Nate is the favorite but he is very hittable. I think it's a competitive fight.
No way, short strikers of historically done poorly against Diaz bros

Yeah I think that would be an entertaining fight for sure. I just don't know if Nate really wants to fight again, and I doubt they're going to pay him the kinda money that they paid him for the BMF fight vs Masvidal for a fight with Mike Perry.
So.....unless the UFC gets its' checkbook out OR Nate Diaz just says ok let's go, I don't care about the money......then I'm not sure this fight will actually happen.

It's a MMA contest, not a grappling match, dummy.

It's relevant because Perry dominated a BJJ black belt in Mickey Gall on the ground.

Gall is a Gracie BJJ black belt under 6th degree black belt David Adiv. And Perry dominated Gall on the ground.

So that goes to show you that Perry might be good enough to at least survive on the ground with Nate. I'm not saying Perry is gonna armbar Nate. But Perry can win a decision.

So your reading comprehension still sucks. :)

tenor.gif
Again, my response was, what makes you think Gall is close to Nates level, you said he's not, so wtf does it matter what he did against Gall lol. Nate taps him out if it goes to the ground at any point in that fight for an extended amount of time

Lol. He would piece up Perry worse than gall did in the first round before he gassed. Perry brute forces him to the mat he will get tapped like cowboy tapped him.

No way, short strikers of historically done poorly against Diaz bros
Again, my response was, what makes you think Gall is close to Nates level, you said he's not, so wtf does it matter what he did against Gall lol. Nate taps him out if it goes to the ground at any point in that fight for an extended amount of time
Perry would smash him

Not feeling it.
Perry is way below Nate’s level in both ability and name value. Fight doesn’t make sense at all.
I'm kinda on the same boat as well.
Perry is a fun character though, I'll give him that. I like it when he dances in the cage* (saw some gifs a week ago or so).
Maybe he could cause a cut and force the doc to stop it, who knows, but otherwise I can't see him being a serious threat.

I really wanted the rematch vs Masvidal but when that got out of the window, just "meh" all around.

Edit:
*chicken-dance included of course x)

I'm kinda on the same boat as well.
Perry is a fun character though, I'll give him that. I like it when he dances in the cage* (saw some gifs a week ago or so).
Maybe he could cause a cut and force the doc to stop it, who knows, but otherwise I can't see him being a serious threat.

I really wanted the rematch vs Masvidal but when that got out of the window, just "meh" all around.

Edit:
*chicken-dance included of course x)
I also wanted a Masvidal rematch. And don’t get me wrong, I’d totally watch Diaz vs Perry, I’m not saying it would suck lol. It just isn’t a fight that makes sense to book IMO.

Nate beat conor and the rest you mentioned were also wrestlers/grapplers. Just point that out lol, to group them up as "short strikers" seems dumb

Do you even watch MMA? Jesus christ

The ONLY reason why Nate beat conor is that conor gassed. When they both have the same conditioning, Conor batters Nate on the feet, easily. Obviously that was a legit and amazing win by Nate, but we all know that Conor is the better striker, and we saw it in the rematch when conor dropped Nate 3 times.

The "wrestler/grapplers" that I mentioned all out-struck nate and nick on the feet lmao. Did you not see RDA vs Nate? Nate was literally like an injured Gazelle on the feet in that fight. Did you not see Josh Thompson head kick KO Nate?

Last edited:

In straight up grappling, Gall is not on Nate's level. Yes I said that.

I looked up Gall's credentials and he is now a BJJ black belt under Gracie BJJ. That's no joke. And I thought Nate was a 4th or 5th degree but looks like he is still 2nd degree black belt, but all in all, does this make a huge difference in an MMA fight?

In MMA, it doesn't matter as much. Nate Diaz is better off his back, but Perry DOMINATING a Gracie BJJ black belt in Gall definitely shows he can hang with Nate on the ground just enough to win an MMA fight.

Nate being a better grappler than Gall does not mean he taps Perry. If Perry had a back and forth grappling exchange with Gall and barely won the grappling, then I see your point. But it was complete domination and showed how strong Perry is too.

Perry vs Nate would probably take place on the feet mostly, and if it hits the ground, Perry is good enough to survive.

And you're acting like Nate Diaz is Damian Maia. Rory, Kim, Henderson, and RDA all dominated Nate on the ground. Conor hit Nate with a nice sweep and was doing fine on the ground until he gassed on the feet. Stevenson and Guida out-grappled Nate.

Last edited:
Do you even watch MMA? Jesus christ

The ONLY reason why Nate beat conor is that conor gassed. When they both have the same conditioning, Conor batters Nate on the feet, easily. Obviously that was a legit and amazing win by Nate, but we all know that Conor is the better striker, and we saw it in the rematch when conor dropped Nate 3 times.

The "wrestler/grapplers" that I mentioned all out-struck nate and nick on the feet lmao. Did you not see RDA vs Nate? Nate was literally like an injured Gazelle on the feet in that fight. Did you not see Josh Thompson head kick KO Nate?
All I said was they weren't just strikers. They all were better on the ground than Perry. Maybe you're right tho,because if Nate can't get him down I do see some issues. Who knows though, I do want to see the fight tho

Perry finally wins a fight and now he's ready for anyone lol. Actually I'd love to see it but Nate would pick him apart.

I like Perry as he is entertaining and I can see why a fight against a similarly over the top personality would be fun, but for me, Perry looks far too rigid, slow and leaden footed in his standup. I actually thought the fight he looked best in recently, was the Luque fight, a very good opponent whom he was going toe to toe with and arguably might have won if not for the broken nose towards the end. He looked lighter on his feet in that match and better coached. For a few fights before that one, and the ones after, he just has often looked robotic and slow with his combos and footwork. He’s obviously game as fuck, with a great chin and heavy hands, plus he does do some underrated wrestling, but I suspect either of the Diaz brothers would box him up for three straight rounds. Perry isn’t like Masvidal of recent who looks loose as fuck in there, and has been flowing with great combos etc

Perry would beat the crap outta skinny fat Nate Diaz.

Diaz should stick to facing blown up lw at 170

Back