Media Ariel Helwani Suggests Mike Perry vs Nate Diaz

Honestly I don't think Nate will be able to take Perry down unless Perry is hurt or gassed. Perry showed really underrated grappling and wrestling in his fights so far. He's also strong as hell. Gall is legit on the ground and Perry dominated him there.

Nate is the favorite but he is very hittable. I think it's a competitive fight.
What makes you think Nate Diaz and Mikey Gall are close to the same level of grappling? What has Gall done that makes people rate his MMA grappling so high?

Are you sure about that? He didn’t exactly look sharp vs mas and pettis
Perry didn't look sharp against Gall lol. Diaz beats his ass until Mike takes him down and gets subbed. I would watch but Perry doesn't deserve this hype he's getting at all lol.

PMP doesn't have half the experience Nate has, but Nate looked 100 years old vs Pettis and lost to Masvidal. PMP would have a realistic shot here.

Nate should still be the rightful favorite, though.

I don't mean to be a debby downer but Perry's ufc career is extremely hot and cold. On paper this is a mismatch imo. Perry just beat Mickey freakin Gall. Although I feel his best performance was Paul Felder, he's lost a lot more than we can remember due to recency bias. Perhaps his popularity is enough to propel a Diaz fight, but idk

Honestly I don't think Nate will be able to take Perry down unless Perry is hurt or gassed. Perry showed really underrated grappling and wrestling in his fights so far. He's also strong as hell. Gall is legit on the ground and Perry dominated him there.

Nate is the favorite but he is very hittable. I think it's a competitive fight.
You brought up a good point, but I disagree on Nate being hittable. He is hittable but the people he fought were elite strikers like Conor or Masvidal. Perry has power in his hands but the experience of Nate will play a major factor imo.

Are you sure about that? He didn’t exactly look sharp vs mas and pettis
In what way did he look bad against Pettis? Nate won all 3 rounds pretty convincingly after a long layoff. I do think Nate is starting to decline though, he’s accumulated a ton of damage and has been fighting for a long time. But Perry is not Masvidal. I’d enjoy seeing them fight, I just don’t think it makes sense to book.

As for how sure I am that Diaz beats Perry? If they book it and you feel good about Perry’s chances, hit me up for an AV bet.
One month if Diaz loses.
One week for you if Perry loses.

I like it. Two mid-level fighters who shouldn't be anywhere near a title shot and who both probably never will be. Could be a great headliner for a fight night card or like a 3rd fight on a PPV.

46v1xt.jpg

I put guys like Nate Diaz and Paul Felder in same category skill wise. If perry can beat Felder, then he sure as hell can get past Diaz. Actually not a bad style match up for him, nates takedowns are mediocre and he gets hit a lot. On the other hand, Diaz could likely outbox him as well

Felder was injured and much more of a brawler than Nate.

In what way did he look bad against Pettis? Nate won all 3 rounds pretty convincingly after a long layoff. I do think Nate is starting to decline though, he’s accumulated a ton of damage and has been fighting for a long time. But Perry is not Masvidal. I’d enjoy seeing them fight, I just don’t think it makes sense to book.

As for how sure I am that Diaz beats Perry? If they book it and you feel good about Perry’s chances, hit me up for an AV bet.
One month if Diaz loses.
One week for you if Perry loses.
<{fry}>I’ll consider it

No thanks. Perry is a guy that has recently earned some casual interest and you sacrifice him to a semi-retired Nate? Only good if you’re planning to bet the house on Nate or add to his highlight reel.

Back