Media Ariel Helwani moves to NBA. Will debute in broadcast team-regular season this Friday

He is not a journalist anyway these days but a paid shill. Only Brett Cuckamoto is worse than him. He doesn't care about fighting itself but all the drama and beefs. I like Thomas more in that regards. He asks questions about technique and strategy as well.

Bye Felicia. It was fun while it lasted but he is past his prime.

Good, get him out of MMA he's been nothing but bad for it. All he does is ask leading questions, and act like a kid on the playground trying to incite fights between others. He thrives off of "he said..." types of questions and gets a shit-eating grin whenever anyone calls him out on his lack of integrity (or he cries).

Well I for one am shocked, shocked I tell you!

Anyone with a brain knew this was coming, the weasel didn't even like MMA, he knew nothing about the sport and only cared about the drama.

Good fucking riddance.

He was the best for a while but he became a company man and that ended his credibility. He’ll do great in the NBA

When you think of sucking up and networking to get where you are today instead of undeniable talent, you think Helwani

great now we have to fucking listen to luke thomas.

Dude has literally one of the only "Mainstream" MMA shows i can think of, yet moving over to be a virtual unknown on an NBA broadcast is pretty much hitting the lottery in comparison.

Is this Global Domination?

Well I for one am shocked, shocked I tell you!

Anyone with a brain knew this was coming, the weasel didn't even like MMA, he knew nothing about the sport and only cared about the drama.

Good fucking riddance.

And yet, he just won his 9th mma journalist of the year award. Try again hater

Good, hopefully he will fully transition and leave mma forever. Beyond tired of this clown.

how can anyone make a basket with Ariel's nose blocking the shots

Can't wait until he instigates with these huge players who are not used to his "style".

Was just about to post this gif...lol

Basketball players actually have to answer questions.

Always find Ariel threads entertaining. It can be as trivial as "Ariel starts a new job" and the thread will be filled with posters foaming at the mouth to bash the guy for 10+ pages and let everyone know their disdain and hatred for an MMA journalist.

UFC/MMA is pretty much not popular as it once was. I get it, time to abandon ship. I got out of MMA awhile ago too. I saw a thread earlier and his MMA show guest list is terrible. I get it.

Too bad. Mma has such a respectable and mature fan base

When you think of sucking up and networking to get where you are today instead of undeniable talent, you think Helwani

His parents are also loaded and floated he and his brother until their ventures were up and running. That always helps, too.

I’ve never understood the hate he gets. I would think people would love him because of the simple fact that Dana can’t stand him.

I’ve never found him to be that much of a company man myself.

Back