Ariel Helwani is so nice

That's kind of like the old question about what is something worth. you can tell me all day an apple is worth $1... but if I sell it for $20... then that apple was worth $20. In other words... you may not see him worthy of the attention... but if people line up to see him, then obviously his tv & internet appearances have gotten him a bit of fame.

You're right, Hitler had fans. ISIS recruits followers. People aren't too smart in recognizing what is deserved praise. Great point!

All the shit Ariel gets on here, but to me he seems like a good dude who is generally passionate about the sport he covers.
ClqPauRVEAA6jQ4.jpg

He's passionate alright

this is very true.

shit in his coffee maybe...

Luke can be elitist and condescending towards MMA fans, and forgets we are his audience. Ariel is nice about it, but he's a bootlicker

I'm honestly confused...seriously..why would anyone want their picture with him? I'm not saying that in an "I hate him wtf who want to take a pic with him" way..I'm asking in a plain and simple..why would anyone want a picture with him? What has he done to earn celebrity status?

The top media members in a sport getting famous isn't new. Adam Schefter (top NFL guy) would have a line of people wanting pics with him as well.

Ariel got as good an ovation at that 200 presser as any fighter on the podium.

He's a good guy, and cares about mma. He was done wrong and started getting even by breaking Zuffa stories. Zuffa overreacted, and Helwani wanted to get even. They kissed and made up after public, and media pressure.

It's all over, I'm moving on. And I think more people want Helwani around than would rather see him gone.

"autographs are utterly dumb, but I have one"

ha

well no, i have an album signed by two totally fictitious people that dont exist.

actually ive got a few signed things, a Team Sky (cycling team) Jersey signed by the entire debut season squad, and a few other cycling bits and bobs that are signed, but they were ALL given to me as gifts, so nothing i went out and said "oh can you sign this", it was all stuff i was just given, buried away in a draw somewhere

Back