Media Ariel Helwani Interviews Tyson Fury (Calls it Top 5 interview of his career)

For once, I agree with Ariel. Definitely one of his best interviews and like he said, it was all Tyson.

Fury is one of the only few combat fighters who I can listen to talk all day. Fascinating guy.

He's polished up a few talking points I've heard him run before- and that's consistent with his truth & viewpoint.
He was so talkative I almost worried he were high but he was right on the ball about his next appointment so if he's bipolar as he says, Wilder is likely to run into Fury full of confidence & feeling himself.

I could see Fury having an Oliver McCall type moment in the ring one of these days

Yeah the thing with Conor is he isn’t that skilled. Don’t get me wrong, he did great stuff in MMA but in reality Conor is more about how loud he is without backing it up most of the time lately.

Tyson is an all time heavyweight. The guy is a physical specimen.

people love saying Joshua is a specimen, he is of course. But Tyson is a giant that moves better than most guys at light heavyweight and has the cardio to do it for 12 and the chin and heart to get up.
And of course, tons of boxing talent.

All time great in my book

fury is conor mcgregor but with sincerity and honesty. Conor became a cartoon character
Fury is Conor if he were grounded. That is probably the difference religion makes. I think Conor struggles with similar demons, but he kept on medicating and believes he is God, has no higher power, plus he is very materialistic and driven by the trappings of modernity.

Conor's dream was to make money so he could have nice cars, clothes and other meaningless shit. Meanwhile, Tyson was a millionaire and living in a horse pulled trailer and cooking rabbits on a fire for dinner while in camp. Tyson is like Conor's charisma but with Khabib's humility and connection to the simple life.

He's pretty much the only fighter I could listen 24/7

Back