Ariel Helwani Gets Disrespected & Muted During Interview w/ ESPN's Dan Le Batard

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Go to the tweet for cliffs & small video sections where Helwani and Le Batard are going back and forth but...yikes.

I like Dan Le Batard but he comes across as a complete dickhead here, and I'm a fan of his show. No reason to act like that when YOU are the one that requested Ariel as a guest on the show.

Guy couldn't have made himself look worse. Even his co-host was cringing at his behavior. This was Ariel's second time on the show and he went on to say he won't be back a third time after how this went.

Le Batard was always a clown. Chael put him in his place multiple times.

Le Batard is an asshole and narrow minded human who can't comprehend that a perspective aside from his own could exist.

Le Batard was always a clown. Chael put him in his place multiple times.
Haven't seen Chael on the show. I know Le Batard is seen as a troll by many, but if this is truly his opinion of MMA, why even have Ariel on the show? Just to berate him? Ridiculous.

575638f925b1f136015194.gif

How does this retard still have his own show. Didn't even know he existed until Lebron went to Miami lol

Who the fook is the Le Bastard guy?

What a concept! Violence in a combat sport. What exactly is Lebretard thinking? Has he never watched boxing?

Go to the tweet for cliffs & small video sections where Helwani and Le Batard are going back and forth but...yikes.

I like Dan Le Batard but he comes across as a complete dickhead here, and I'm a fan of his show. No reason to act like that when YOU are the one that requested Ariel as a guest on the show.

Guy couldn't have made himself look worse. Even his co-host was cringing at his behavior. This was Ariel's second time on the show and he went on to say he won't be back a third time after how this went.

I can’t find a video
Did Ariel get defensive?

So basically he was just trolling his ass off for his listeners. What a professional. Consume a few more calories Dan. Looks like you’re about 20 away from a heart attack.

I can’t find a video
Did Ariel get defensive?
Click the link in the tweet in the OP, it has short video clips.

But nah, Ariel was even-keeled throughout. He did tweet after the fact that he had no interest in ever going back on the show.

So basically he was just trolling his ass off for his listeners. What a professional. Consume a few more calories Dan. Looks like you’re about 20 away from a heart attack.
But... that’s the point of the show

It’s like the sports version of drive time radio

His show sucks anyway. They talk about nonsense 80% of the time. No clue how he stays on air

Click the link in the tweet in the OP, it has short video clips.

But nah, Ariel was even-keeled throughout. He did tweet after the fact that he had no interest in ever going back on the show.
Gotcha.
I watched so,e of the clips. Seems like it was an issue bigger than Ariel,
To those who are saying why have Ariel on the show at all - espn likely asked him to be put on, a large reason the ufc is getting a push is to up the signups on espn + which they’re trying to center their business around more in 2019

Back