Ariel Helwani Banned From Bellator

He thinks he's Dana White banning this guy and that guy trying to exert control over everyone.

If Dana jumped off a building Bjork would jump right after Dana.....

If Dana did this it would be a crapstorm.

I wonder if Da Bombers will come by and tell us why this is fine.

Ariels shilling at his finest. And when asking questions to will brooks and eddie he's nonchalantly throw in "so you think bellator will screw you?"

Yes how dare he ask a question about a situation both fighters have publicly slammed Bellator for. You are 100x the shill Ariel is.

It's ok
Ariel's a douche
Funny how much ppl are flaming Bjorn yet Dana bans the whole world and it's cool

Yea if there is one thing I've learned from this sit is how "cool" everyone is with Dana. :rolleyes:

Ariels shilling at his finest. And when asking questions to will brooks and eddie he's nonchalantly throw in "so you think bellator will screw you?"

I didnt watch the interview but if Ariel is really doing that it makes me wonder if hes technically a journalist at this point.

Lets forget about the context (bellator, ufc, eddies contract etc.) for a minute and address these 2 things:

A) what specifically is a journalist?

B) what is propaganda?

Im no expert but hopefully someone more familiar with this can join in and educate us about what they are plus the main differences are between the two. Im not sure but I thought a journalist is there to basically extract and put forth facts. He has to remain objective, unbiased, and no spinning stuff. A propagandist on the other hand has the aim of slowly forming specific beliefs in people (whether true or not) and usually does it by repetition and targets the emotions. The propagandist is not after unbiased and impartial facts to allow the people to form their own opinions but rather steers them into having precalculated opinions and emotional responses.

Again I could be wrong here and would love for someone more familar with these matters to join in.

I didnt watch the interview but if Ariel is really doing that it makes me wonder if hes technically a journalist at this point.

Lets forget about the context (bellator, ufc, eddies contract etc.) for a minute and address these 2 things:

A) what specifically is a journalist?

B) what is propaganda?

Im no expert but hopefully someone more familiar with this can join in and educate us about what they are plus the main differences are between the two. Im not sure but I thought a journalist is there to basically extract and put forth facts. He has to remain objective, unbiased, and no spinning stuff. A propagandist on the other hand has the aim of slowly forming specific beliefs in people (whether true or not) and usually does it by repetition and targets the emotions. The propagandist is not after unbiased and impartial facts to allow the people to form their own opinions but rather steers them into having precalculated opinions and emotional responses.

Again I could be wrong here and would love for someone more familar with these matters to join in.

I haven't watched the interview either but I don't think I've ever seen Ariel just ask a question for no reason at all. If he did say that I assume the fighters said something that would lead to that question.

With the way people hate Ariel now and that's become the thing to do I just don't believe this.

Is normal.
Didn't dana ban him for like a month not too long ago? He seems to rub people the wrong way

that's his thing. to stir shit up for ratings. rampage and nick diaz have already called him out on it.

good he just tries to instigate shit all the time and hes just annoying

lol and people said UFC/FOX were the ones that banned him from Bellator.

Ariel is a good journalist in my opinion, and by the very nature of the job it requires him to poke and prod, which obviously has made him some enemies. I respect him and consider him one of the better journalists in the sport.

Remember Tito calling Ariel out at the UFC 132 press conference? Ariel interviewed Tito a day or two before, and when he asked him about weaknesses in Bader's game, or strategy for the fight, Tito mentioned Bader's wrestling. Ariel brought it up in a question to Ryan and Tito tried acting like he never said it. Stuff like that pisses me off. It isn't like Ariel can immediately find the footage and shut Tito down, then it seems as though it is one person's word against the other, when Tito was flat out wrong.

People act like instances like that are examples of Ariel 'instigating'. He is just relaying information and asking for comments. Journalism.

Bellator could use the exposure.

Ariel is a good journalist in my opinion, and by the very nature of the job it requires him to poke and prod, which obviously has made him some enemies. I respect him and consider him one of the better journalists in the sport.

Remember Tito calling Ariel out at the UFC 132 press conference? Ariel interviewed Tito a day or two before, and when he asked him about weaknesses in Bader's game, or strategy for the fight, Tito mentioned Bader's wrestling. Ariel brought it up in a question to Ryan and Tito tried acting like he never said it. Stuff like that pisses me off. It isn't like Ariel can immediately find the footage and shut Tito down, then it seems as though it is one person's word against the other, when Tito was flat out wrong.

People act like instances like that are examples of Ariel 'instigating'. He is just relaying information and asking for comments. Journalism.

YES! Tito without a doubt said something about Baders wrestling being his weakness. I think about his takedown defense not being tested.

Funny thing is he just did this with an Alexis Davis quote and the UFC 175 presser and she tried to deny it and say it was taken out of context.

i don't know if this is true but if it is, out of order for arial to bring in an awkward guest unannounced.

Back