Ariel Helwani Banned From Bellator

This was the "internet rumor". The actuality was that Fox just wanted to try out some girl in his place.

Source?

Ariel, himself, said that he can't tell us everything that happened yet, but he promised that he would eventually tell us the whole story someday. Don't know about you, but that pretty much means to me that something did, in fact, happen to Ariel.

Combine that with the fact that both Dana and Lorenzo unfollowed him, with the timing being immediately after his doing all of those Bellator interviews, don't know how people can keep saying that this was just some "internet rumor."

But if you have a source for the whole thing being that FOX simply just wanted to try someone else out, then I'd love to see it, because it's news to me.

areil is a shill so cant really blame them

And people talk shit about the UFC/Dana.

At least he's allowed to be at the post fight press conferences, front row and they let him ask quite a few questions. I don't get the hate, unless you think reporters should only be allowed to ask soft ball questions.

"He's a shill/instigator" For what? Asking real questions that people want to hear the answer to?

You don't find it strange all of Bellators top talent talks shit about the company about how slimy they are? Not often that happens in the ufc unless you're the diaz brothers who just want more $$.

"All" their top talents??
Hmm Alvarez aside, who himself tried slimming out of a contract, many of the top talent praise Bellator and say they are happy there. Eg: Curran, Chandler, Lima, Warren, etc...

And in the UFC Melendez, Rampage, Shamrock, Couture, Machida, GSP, and many others have complained about the UFC...
But yeah I guess "top" UFC talent don't complain...
Like Rousey and McGregor right?

Might as well. He's a Zuffa employee. Didn't he spend the whole Bellator PPV making snide remarks on his twitter?

I agree with this. Ariel is pretty fair. I don't get this pro UFC stuff he gets.

Back with strikeforce I remember he'd go to tons of events and even went to the Heavyweight tournament announcement and interviewed all the fighters and such at the press conference.

Also, as others of said he's always saying pro Bellator stuff too. And says if you want it to fail you're not an MMA fan.

And now we know this is all while being black balled by Bjorn for over a year. Sounds like he just got very very butthurt when Eddie owned him on air.

That was a different time. Different Ariel. He didn't work for the UFC at that time. He worked for Fanhouse for the majority of prime Strikeforce, and covered the events himself for Fanhouse, for his youtube, and later whatever site he is on now. He was great then and he's still alright now for UFC stuff...just kind of a sellout(or he bought in, whatever way you want to look at it)

I don't know when this ban happened, but would Ariel have covered the Bellator PPV backstage for his website? It was certainly a bigger event than a good portion of SF cards he was always front and center for. I don't think so because he's not a journalist who can bounce around anymore, even if he's contractually able to, you know he can't go back to that to stay in good graces...he's Mean Gene Okerlund for the UFC.

Last edited:
Might as well. He's a Zuffa employee. Didn't he spend the whole Bellator PPV making snide remarks on his twitter?

Ariels shilling at his finest. And when asking questions to will brooks and eddie he's nonchalantly throw in "so you think bellator will screw you?"

"All" their top talents??
Hmm Alvarez aside, who himself tried slimming out of a contract, many of the top talent praise Bellator and say they are happy there. Eg: Curran, Chandler, Lima, Warren, etc...

And in the UFC Melendez, Rampage, Shamrock, Couture, Machida, GSP, and many others have complained about the UFC...
But yeah I guess "top" UFC talent don't complain...
Like Rousey and McGregor right?

Melendez wanted more money and the rest of those guys are a bunch of clowns besides Machida and GSP.

Bellator does shady shit, such as saying guys are hurt when they're not aka Atilla Veigh. The Pitbull brothers have both complained as well as Daniel Strauss. And funny you're saying Eddie tried slimming out of a contract when Bellator sent him a contract with different wording hoping he would sign and return it.

Ariels shilling at his finest. And when asking questions to will brooks and eddie he's nonchalantly throw in "so you think bellator will screw you?"

thats not a valid question? sounds like thats exactly what they're trying to do.

Melendez wanted more money and the rest of those guys are a bunch of clowns besides Machida and GSP.

Bellator does shady shit, such as saying guys are hurt when they're not aka Atilla Veigh. The Pitbull brothers have both complained as well as Daniel Strauss. And funny you're saying Eddie tried slimming out of a contract when Bellator sent him a contract with different wording hoping he would sign and return it.

Bellator has been doing some dumb shit this past year but dude..

Stop lmao. Plenty of guys have come out speaking against the ways of the UFC. Certainly more than Bellator fighters have. And when you're still employed by the UFC - an organization that can afford to cut anyone they want - it's a terrible idea to talk bad about Uncle Dana. Bellator, on the other hand, needs all their fighters badly so they can get away with saying this kinda stuff.

Ariel should go back to being a tax accountant and leave the camera for charismatic folks. But first, buy Overreem the iPad or whatever you promised him. Stop being a cheap.... Canadian.

And people talk shit about the UFC/Dana.

At least he's allowed to be at the post fight press conferences, front row and they let him ask quite a few questions. I don't get the hate, unless you think reporters should only be allowed to ask soft ball questions.

"He's a shill/instigator" For what? Asking real questions that people want to hear the answer to?

Helwani stopped asking real MMA questions a long time ago. The crap he brings up nowadays are the same TMZ shit that gets wastelanded from the Heavies. Rousey vs. Mayweather, et al.

Ariel went from getting the 1 on 1 with Dana to announce the FOX deal, to getting an interviewer position on their broadcasts on the FOX network

to being blackballed for going to bellator shows

then blackballed by Bellator for this hahaha

guy can't catch a break

Back