Ariel Helwani Banned From Bellator

efalk1322

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He just mentioned of the MMA Hour that he's banned from Bellator events and banned from interviewing their fighters. Said Bjorn refuses to speak to him because of Ariel letting Eddie Alvarez call in during one of their interviews.

Ban started around last January. Hasn't spoken to Bjorn in over a year but fighters have been allowed back on the show recently.

Last edited:
someone take the wheel out of Bjorns hands, please.

:facepalm:

That is awesome. Bellator and Bjorn are making themselves look terrible. Especially since Ariel is always saying it doesn't make sense if you're an MMA fan and want Bellator to fail.

Is normal.
Didn't dana ban him for like a month not too long ago? He seems to rub people the wrong way

Alvarez and Brooks are ripping Bjorn and Bellator right now, with Ariel chiming in every so often. Classic

Dude Bjorn Dude, like chill bro.

Is normal.
Didn't dana ban him for like a month not too long ago? He seems to rub people the wrong way

This was the "internet rumor". The actuality was that Fox just wanted to try out some girl in his place.

This was the "internet rumor". The actuality was that Fox just wanted to try out some girl in his place.

Ahh ok, yeah I never saw a source for it I just remember hearing he wasn't gonna be doing the back stage post fight interviews, then after a couple shows he was back at it

I'm pretty sure they're rolling with like Thomas over homie helwani, no big deal but Bjorn doesn't need to be that guy.

Wasn't it because his wife was pregnant and he may have had to leave?

I want to say that might've played into it. I just know that for the UFC on FOX card, they just wanted to try something new and roll out that girl who was on a few cards (Megan Olivi?). I don't think he was ever going to be replaced from the shows as much as people wantedthat to happen.

The thing is that people jumped to the idea that because he was at a Spike thing, he was banished from the UFC forever or what have you.

I want to say that might've played into it. I just know that for the UFC on FOX card, they just wanted to try something new and roll out that girl who was on a few cards (Megan Olivi?). I don't think he was ever going to be replaced from the shows as much as people wantedthat to happen.

The thing is that people jumped to the idea that because he was at a Spike thing, he was banished from the UFC forever or what have you.

Yeah I remember people made a big deal about it because he was there but wasn't actually working. He's awesome at his job regardless of what people think about him personally.

It's ok
Ariel's a douche
Funny how much ppl are flaming Bjorn yet Dana bans the whole world and it's cool

It's ok
Ariel's a douche
Funny how much ppl are flaming Bjorn yet Dana bans the whole world and it's cool

You don't find it strange all of Bellators top talent talks shit about the company about how slimy they are? Not often that happens in the ufc unless you're the diaz brothers who just want more $$.

Was that even true. FRB was the one saying he was in trouble with Fox, it was actually right around the time his wife was pregnant.

I have a feeling it was more about taking time off to be with his wife who was at the end of her pregnancy than it was him being in trouble with Fox.

Wasn't it because his wife was pregnant and he may have had to leave?

Just said the same thing, soon as it came out he had another kid thats the first thing I thought.

Back