Ariel buries Campbell and Combate

Ariel probably couldn't name anyone is KSW either.
KSW isnt making outrageous claims or being an asshole to anyone who doesnt bow doen to him, though. The big problem with Campbell and Combate is that Campbell isnt likeable at all and he seems to want to berate people into caring about his product. Then gets furious when anyone dares not to be buzzing about 5-5 guys fighting in the main card. I dont care too much about the constant lying (he isn a promoter afterall) but he isnt making any friends by adapting that attitude.

*When asked about beef with Campbell*

• Campbell said to Ariel on the show ages ago he was going to focus on the Hispanic Market.
  • Ariel asked why? But not because he disagreed.
  • Campbell called him names and insulted him.
  • Ariel says he never insulted him to his face.
  • Ariel has respect for them, and thinks Campbell wants the respect for being apart of the early UFC days.
  • Ariel asks for him to name 1 star, 1 semi star, 1 draw from the organisation.
  • "Tito Ortiz, Alberto Del Rio, how did that do?"
  • Ariel respects that they are on such a big platform.
  • "PPV Tickets, how is that going?"
  • Campbell has been asking "why don't you talk about us?" Ariel response "Give us a reason to talk about you, if there's one person who has advocated for different promotions etc"
  • Ariel "Give us an emotional attachment"

Funny enough, Ariel tweeted about the Soldic Khalidov bout

There are former UFC champions that came from KSW and the former LW KSW champion is making a splash in the rankings, too. The difference in talent is abysmal tbh.

KSW isnt making outrageous claims or being an asshole to anyone who doesnt bow doen to him, though. The big problem with Campbell and Combate is that Campbell isnt likeable at all and he seems to want to berate people into caring about his product. Then gets furious when anyone dares not to be buzzing about 5-5 guys fighting in the main card. I dont care too much about the constant lying (he isn a promoter afterall) but he isnt making any friends by adapting that attitude.

He seems like a nice old man.

I thought he was coming at my boy BC aka Brian Campbell and it would have been allllll over for little trollwani. This guy constantly talks shit about everyone and wonders why nobody can stand him. I can't even watch mma hour anymore because Ariels high pitched squealing voice annoys me

94DA6A26-A6AF-45DA-B930-3180D4213865.jpeg 2363C345-333C-49C9-8882-AF786FEE7F61.jpeg 9426D522-E209-4DE3-9BC3-29446A178678.jpeg

senile old man… bashing Bellator, who by the way is owned by the same company that have them the English streaming deal… lol… he has been insulting Ariel for a long time lol

View attachment 902669 View attachment 902670 View attachment 902671

senile old man… bashing Bellator, who by the way is owned by the same company that have them the English streaming deal… lol… he has been insulting Ariel for a long time lol
He ia trying to get some clout from Ariel, UFC, etc. His whole viewership gimmick didnt work and is now trying to get attention some other way. I guess he thought he could trick people into watching Combate.

This attacking another.. nemesis routine for the public seems to be working. Build your brand by attacking someone famous.. Wonder why Cambell hasn't been attacking Dana, instead attacking Ariel who Dana doesn't like.

This attacking another.. nemesis routine for the public seems to be working. Build your brand by attacking someone famous.. Wonder why Cambell hasn't been attacking Dana, instead attacking Ariel who Dana doesn't like.
Is it working, though? I still dont see anyone watching or caring about Combate outside of hardcores on sherdog.

Let's see.

* One guy runs an MMA organization and give us entertainment and fight cards.
* The other sits and just talk to a mic and even cries from time to time. Never signed a fighter, never threw a punch, never did anything other than talking.

Ariel is a bitch.

Let's see.

* One guy runs an MMA organization and give us entertainment and fight cards.
* The other sits and just talk to a mic and even cries from time to time. Never signed a fighter, never threw a punch, never did anything other than talking.

Ariel is a bitch.
And one gives us entertainment through radio shows. There's no meaningful difference.

I say us as in the grand us. Most people like myself neither listen to Ariel nor watch Combate.

Combate is just the regional promotion that airs on Univision. I know that they try to attract some international fighters as well, but the way they're viewed in the fight community is no different from any other regional promotion. Though I would argue they do a worse job of building prospects than other regional promotions. Other promotions are better for long term development contracts. If the price is right, it doesn't hurt for a prospect to take a single fight contract in that org.

But I mean, the product is obviously regional card level. Their Championship Tournament winner is the now "13-5" (what to make of 1 round fights...) Frans Mlambo. Whose last loss was in 2020 to Ricky Bandejas, who Combate also picked up after he got cut from Bellator.

And one gives us entertainment through radio shows. There's no meaningful difference.

I say us as in the grand us. Most people like myself neither listen to Ariel nor watch Combate.
Without MMA organizations there is no Ariel. Without Ariel there would still be MMA organizations.

Ariel is just toxic man.

Without MMA organizations there is no Ariel. Without Ariel there would still be MMA organizations.

Ariel is just toxic man.
That's not even true either because Ariel is just a journalist and without journalism, a lot of orgs, particularly B or C tier orgs like Combate would struggle to attract anyone to their product.

I quite like Combate and I quite like Ariel.

I can't pick a side here.

Back