Rumored Ariel: Adesanya/Romero & Zhang/Jedrzejczyk Being Discussed For March 7th PPV in Las Vegas

Who wins?

• Total voters
Who cares Adesanya vs Yoel is an awesome fight. All these mods actually saying "I'd rather not watch a fight, let Adesanya sit out" when did y'all stop liking mma?

War Zhang I don't think JJ can survive 5 with her.

wtf does cannonier do now. fight gastelum?

He's won three in a row and people were pretty high on Hermansson. It's not an ideal situation but he's basically the only highly ranked MW that isn't injured and has a win streak at the moment.

I'd probably rather see Israel-Yoel because it's a more intriguing fight but if they gave it to Cannonier I wouldn't have a problem with it.

<Fedor23>

Adesanya vs. Cannonier makes the most sense after the Costa fight. Coming off a loss shouldn’t earn you a title shot, regardless of if it was a close fight. That said, I’ll still watch.

I'd prefer to see Cannonier get the shot but hopefully Izzy will KO Romero. It will be fun to watch though. Joanna vs Zhang is a very good fight. All the people on here who say the UFC is dead better reevaluate. There are some very good fights coming up starting with less than 2 weeks from now. Colby vs Marty from Nebraska anyone? Max vs Volk, Lioness, Aldo, Faber, Moraes, Yan, Platinum Perry on the prelims. The UFC is alive and well. The Baldfather continues to be steps ahead of the doubters on Sherdog.

Romeo is a tough fight for anyone, but he's 1-3 in his last 4 and he's fighting for the belt when Cannonier is available.

Does not matter if Romero lost close decisions- in MMA you either win or lose. It would be a joke to give Romero a title shot after two losses, 3 losses out of his last 4, and twice against Whittaker who Adesanya knocked out. Only time in UFC history where a fighter gets a title shot after two losses. Romero has missed weight twice also in his title fights. Should be Cannonier vs. Adesanya with Costa out.

No one's ever done this to Yoel. Cannonier needs more then a Hermansson win.
FondTallHochstettersfrog-size_restricted.gif

Costa MIGHT be fully recovered by April or May. MAYBE. And then he would need a training camp and probably extra time to lose weight knowing how big he is. It is very unrealistic of you guys to think he could fight in April.
Fine fuck him and his title shot. Either he fights cannonier or cannonier gets the next shot. The show must go on.

MW Cannonier is a beast. HW Cannonier was a nobody and LHW Cannonier couldn't make it happen. Some guys take time to find their right division. Cannonier is one of them. He looks like a different fighter now.

Nobody knows who Cannonier is what part of that dont you guys understand
I'm at peace with romero because it's a match I've always wanted to see. But it's still BS. It's not WWE it's a legitimate sport. Meritocracy should drive it. It's the espn era PPV sales don't count either. There's no reason for these circus matchups, like that fake ass bmf belt. But once again for my own selfish reasons in fine with it

The Adesanya fans know damn well why they don't want a fight with Romero

Good fight for Adesanya I think, he will be too crafty and accurate and fast in the striking for Romero. Romero's wrestling has not looked good in a long time, his wrestling has been very sloppy for ages now. Can't see him getting Adesanya down

Joanna has defended the belt successfully and unsuccessfully under far worse conditions. She can cry into the pile of money she gets.
When did Joanna defend without her coaches in her corner ?

That isn't true. Yoel was KOed at 205lbs.
Reyes probably beats him the same way. Besides Cannonier has CLEARLY improved.

This is a late 2nd round finish of a back and forth war, not a 2 min starching where he didn't land a punch.
You didn't say that though. You said no one has ever done to Yoel what Reys did to Jared and I showed you that Yoel has had his lights punched out. 2 minute fight or 10 minute fight, Yoel has been KTFO.

You didn't say that though. You said no one has ever done to Yoel what Reys did to Jared and I showed you that Yoel has had his lights punched out. 2 minute fight or 10 minute fight, Yoel has been KTFO.
And no one has done that to yoel. If him and Adesanya have a nice 10min war like that, I'm happy with this event, if Jared got the call and was melted like that, it's a lame showing. Context matters.

Duck duck goose.

No

If her coaches cannot get visa's to enter the US its completely reasonable that she fight outside the US. Shes the champ, shes earned the right to have her coaches with her

Besides you said "Joanna has defended her belt in much worse situations"

What situations has Joanna defended her belt in thats worse than not having your coaches with you?

Or was your unfunny retort because you realised you had said something you couldnt actually back up? :D

Close fights or not wins are wins and loses are loses. Doesn't really matter at all how close these fights were if he didn't come out on top. He should have to win just like anybody else. His age, style, etc shouldn't come into factor in the slightest.

then who else should adesanya defend against in March 2020?

I’ve said it before, it seems like someone is bound and determined to get a belt around Romero’s waist, no matter what it takes. Yes, he’s a great fighter, but are they just going to keep giving him shots until he finally manages to win one? Contrast that with guys like Holloway and Ferguson, who went on unprecedented streaks before even getting one shot.

2020 seems like it’s going to be a solid MMA year.

-DC/Stipe trilogy
-Jones vs Reyes
-Adesanya vs Romero/Costa
-Colby vs the WW division
-Jorge Masvidal continuing to convert non-believers
-Khabib vs Ferguson (knock on wood)
-McGregor come back
-FW has always and will continue to be on fire
-Triple C coming back, Aldo and Edgar dropping down

Big fights coming up my friends

Back