Rumored Ariel: Adesanya/Romero & Zhang/Jedrzejczyk Being Discussed For March 7th PPV in Las Vegas

Who wins?

• Total voters
Izzy vs Romero is gonna be amazing<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

The UFC is finally giving fans what they want and some of you lot still find reason to whinne.

"Bu bu but he doen't deserve it!!!
{<jordan}
This man gets it.

And it's not even like Romero got starched or lost convincingly, he arguably beat the two top young lions in the division and at the very least proved he's every bit as good as they are if not better, and you could easily make the case that he does deserve it.

So Izzy just slept one of those lions, while the other one is out of action injured (after a war with Yoel not surprisingly).

So now Israel has a choice to sit out until summer or whenever Costa comes back, or call out the baddest mo fo available.

He calls out the baddest mo fo available and sets up a dream fight, and now you got a bunch of virgins complaining about it. This place is crazy bro.

<JagsKiddingMe>

How do you know Costa will be healthy in May? There is absolutely no guarantee this recovery goes as planned.
Then set a hard date on Adesanya defending his title in May and if Costa can’t make it THEN throw Romero in there but doing it now is stupid.

No title holder should ever sit on the sidelines and wait for a contender to get healthy.

That's complete nonsense.
Agreed, if we get a champ that wants to fight 5 times a year, let him. Injured contenders shouldn't dictate the champs schedule. By the end of a career the difference in total fights/defences could be significant.

I still think it's bullshit that Romero is likely getting a title shot. 1-3 in his last 4 and has missed weight how many times now? I like watching Romero fight as much as the next guy, but c'mon.

If Costa is really ready by April then I don't see the point of Israel vs Romero.

Then set a hard date on Adesanya defending his title in May and if Costa can’t make it THEN throw Romero in there but doing it now is stupid.

No it's fucking stupid to make a guy who wants to earn money, defend his belt and make the Ufc money sit out when he wants to fight.

I'm sure the Vegas fans, ESPN executives and ppv buyers will all be very happy with a shitty card in March with the promise they may, emphasis on may, get a 1% better fight in May.

There is literally no way any of this makes sense.

My big concern over Weili v JJ being in the US is her (Weili's) main coach has been unable to get a visa to the US up to now

That has led to her being much more cautious in her US fights not having her coach with her.

Hopefully he gets a visa, if not, I think she should be taking champions perogative and defending outside the US

Joanna has defended the belt successfully and unsuccessfully under far worse conditions. She can cry into the pile of money she gets.

Man, Romero doesn’t even have to win fights anymore.

HARD pass. Should be Romero vs. Cannonier, Whittaker vs. Till and Adesanya waits an extra month or two for Costa to be ready for a fight.
Adesanya will finish Romero in one round no need to take a month or two off.

Yeah that's a great idea, let's give a guy who's lost three of his last four and missed weight for two consecutive title fights...another championship opportunity. Hard pass on that fight.

Zhang/JJ should be a banger though.

Yeah that's a great idea, let's give a guy who's lost three of his last four and missed weight for two consecutive title fights...another championship opportunity. Hard pass on that fight.

I'm down for this card.

I think if Romero wrestles he beats Izzy who I think like Anderson, isn't super durable.

Site went from "He's the champ he shouldnt sit out this long!" to "He should wait to fight the real contender!" {<jordan}
giphy.gif

Big fan of Yoel but he doesn't deserve this fight regardless of the circumstances.

I think and want zhang to smash her. Shes a little machine.

Amazing fight. One of the best matchups in WMMA history, IMO.

I get why Romero, under normal circumstances, doesn't deserve a shot, but he's the best option right now. Who else should get the shot? Till? He's (self-admittingly) not ready. Cannonier? Needs one more win. Whittaker? Does anyone want to see an insta-rematch after how bad he got starched by Stylebender, and with how inactive he's been?

Romero may be 1 - 3, but not all records are the same. 2 of those losses were razor close fights against the former champ and the next title challenger, and anyone that remotely knows how to judge a fight should've ATLEAST scored the second Whittaker fight a draw. There's no way possible the 5th round wasn't a 10 - 8.

Romero on paper may not seem like the most deserving, but there's been far FAR least deserving fighters receive title shots in the UFC. And you can't hate on Adesanya for wanting to be an active champion.

I get why they're doing it but yeah feels undeserved. If Costa wasn't out injured it'd certainly be him in there. So with time available to book before Costa returns I get why they chose Yoel where the decision in the Costa fight really seemed like a coin toss. But yeah his recent history kind of leaves a sour taste.

lol at romero getting another undeserved title shot. hes the faber/holly homes of mw division

To all the whiners......Adesanya WANTS Romero. He said it lmao. Give the champ what he wants

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back