Rumored Ariel: Adesanya/Romero & Zhang/Jedrzejczyk Being Discussed For March 7th PPV in Las Vegas

Who wins?

• Total voters
Like who? Costa was next for the title shot but is hurt, and Romero/Costa was a close fight and split decision. Romero bless

You can make a decent argument for Cannonier. I'd be fine with either him or Romero. If Israel wants Yoel though and is looking to stay active then let them bang.

I don't hate the idea of a Romero vs Adesanya match up, but Romero is definitely undeserving at this point.

I think that this is just a way for the UFC to solidify Adesanya as the true MW champion. This will hush the nay sayers like myself. I have always said that Yoel would hurt that kid. So we will see, losses missed weight and all WARRRR YOELLL!

HARD pass. Should be Romero vs. Cannonier, Whittaker vs. Till and Adesanya waits an extra month or two for Costa to be ready for a fight.
lol wut? Set aside the actual results for a moment and examine what actually happened in those fights. All of them were razor thin and could have gone either way. Romero is the only fighter whose stock goes UP after losses because he inflicts so much damage. Nobody wanted to fight him for a reason.

Gotta give props to Israel and Costa for seeking him out when everyone else tries to hide.

Yoel by oil check in round 2

giphy.gif

Izzy__1_.0.jpg

lol wut? Set aside the actual results for a moment and examine what actually happened in those fights. All of them were razor thin and could have gone either way. Romero is the only fighter whose stock goes UP after losses because he inflicts so much damage. Nobody wanted to fight him for a reason.

Gotta give props to Israel and Costa for seeking him out when everyone else tries to hide.
“Set aside the results” is a strange one for me. The results should be the results. Trust me, I like Romero his fights are fuckin awesome and what he’s doing at his age is incredible but the facts are he lost those fights. It says so on his record. He should have to get a win. Even just one.

People against Romero vs Izzy are fucking pussies lmao
Izzy wants it at the end of the day,so cry us a river.

I get everyone being pissed about Romero getting another shot, but...this is the mentality that creates risk averse point fighters. Not sure why MMA fans give so much weight to losses. I understand the importance of winning, but as long as top talent is fighting top talent regularly, you have to have guys at the top with losses. It's inevitable. You get what you incentivize and punishing guys who go out on their shield while rewarding fighters that do just enough to win on the scorecards diminishes the future of the sport.

Let em bang but Cannonier ? <FookIsThatGuy>He needs to make a name off someone first

He's won three in a row and people were pretty high on Hermansson. It's not an ideal situation but he's basically the only highly ranked MW that isn't injured and has a win streak at the moment.

I'd probably rather see Israel-Yoel because it's a more intriguing fight but if they gave it to Cannonier I wouldn't have a problem with it.

<Fedor23>

Costa himself said he’d be ready for April or May. That really isn’t all that long to wait.

I heard it was an 8-month heal time so that makes it May. However, Izzy has been fighting around 3xs a year and waiting until May is too long. He'll probably fight Costa in July-August...

If you want to gig Romero for missing weight, fine no arguments here, but to say Cannonier is clearly more deserving a shot than Romero is hogwash. Feed Branch, Hermansson and Silva to Romero in his last 3 fights and Romero is in the same spot, if not looking better than Cannonier is. Costa is the next in line, he's not ready and Adesanya wants to create a legacy not by waiting around and doing the usual UFC world tour, kissing babies and signing autographs. Instead he wants to stay active and be the one to finish Romero in the UFC. Romero will not be around much longer so it makes sense. We are not talking about a contender getting slept 3 times or dominated 50-45, Romero has been super competitive, sharp and dangerous in his 3 losses. Cannonier will still be there and should probably cut his teeth with a legit top 5 fight like Gastelum Whittaker or Till before he gets a shot anyway

I still think it's bullshit that Romero is likely getting a title shot. 1-3 in his last 4 and has missed weight how many times now? I like watching Romero fight as much as the next guy, but c'mon.

To be fair, you could argue he won any of his last three losses

The weight cutting thing I agree with tho

Adesanya vs. Cannonier makes the most sense after the Costa fight. Coming off a loss shouldn’t earn you a title shot, regardless of if it was a close fight. That said, I’ll still watch.

How can you literally lose 2 fights in a row and get a title shot it’s such a joke I hope no one buys

Costa himself said he’d be ready for April or May. That really isn’t all that long to wait.
Exactly considering adesanya’s very active. Waiting 2 months max isn’t gonna change anything, if anything he’s entitled to a break. Rob held up the division for too long

Props to izzy for wanting to fight the boogeyman of 185. Probably the hardest fight for the weight division.
Romero time is running out. It's now or never.
<RomeroSalute><RomeroSalute>{<RR}<datassdom>

100% up for this. Yoel lost close decisions in his last two fights, who in the division wouldn't lose to Whittaker and Costa?

I'm 100% sure Yoel could have matched Cannoniers victories over Branch, Anderson and Hermansson.

Props to Izzy for not doing the easy thing and skipping the Romero challenge.

If it doesn't happen now it probably never will so I'm down for this fight

Back