Ari Bolden does it again!

I lived in Canada for about 2 years. At first I wasn't sure what to think, my roomies kept calling me a yank...I'm from Kansas and at the time, being a farm-raised kid, I wanted to punch their faces in because where I'm from we don't call anyone other than their names unless we want a fight...anyway..long story short. Made great friends there...(I've since grown out of the small farm-town mentality thankfully after living in a few countries around the world since 2001, but it was pretty hilarious at the time.)...hit some canadian poon. Drank Alexander Keiths and Sleeman steam. Late night runs to the beer store...poutine...Timmy Horton's donuts and sandwiches were decent.

Canadians are good people for the most part IMO.
One of my Canadian friends, who I train with, always calls me a redneck, because I lived in Texas for a long time. I ask him if he's ever heard of Austin, and he's like, "Huh, Austin?". I think he's the redneck. Anyway, I never met a Canadian until I moved to where I live now (which is weird since I was raised in New England), and they're all pretty cool, decent guys. There are a few Canadians at my gym. One of my friends always says, "yeah" at the end of each sentence and uses some other funny words that I find amusing.

One of my Canadian friends, who I train with, always calls me a redneck, because I lived in Texas for a long time. I ask him if he's ever heard of Austin, and he's like, "Huh, Austin?". I think he's the redneck. Anyway, I never met a Canadian until I moved to where I live now (which is weird since I was raised in New England), and they're all pretty cool, decent guys. There are a few Canadians at my gym. One of my friends always says, "yeah" at the end of each sentence and uses some other funny words that I find amusing.

lol. funny. Also saying eh really happens quite a bit. After 2 years there I developed the habit of eh..and I still haven't totally lost it...but when I first got back everyone was like..why do you talk funny now? I had no idea what I sounded like..
Also when I got there..I was freaked out by these...

Milk in Bags!

585%20-%20bagged%20canada%20milk.jpg

He made his own style of JJJ and we still do not WHO gave him his BB in JJJ.

He was showing BJJ moves with BJJ terminology while wearing a BB.

Now he is all legit, still running his own club, charging money to teach something that he is not qualified or trained at.

Having a purple belt from EB or a a blue belt from KO with doing a little bit of training with each instructor is just weird.

I hope his students decide to train under the BJJ BB that lives in the same city that he does.

He also told someone that he does not care if he shows moves that do not work.

he leaves it up to his students to decide what works and what does not?

Who does such BS and get away with it?

if that option is available then he should have ZERO "students".

they can just go down the road and train a legit BB that has lineage from Carlson Gracie Snr.

In fact, Ari said that he will never train with a douche instructor and that is the reason why he decided to fly to the US to train under KO.

We all know who Ari was reffering to!

We all know that Ari made that silly picture about Carlson Gracie book as a mockery of the local BB.

they can just go down the road and train a legit BB that has lineage from Carlson Gracie Snr.

In fact, Ari said that he will never train with a douche instructor and that is the reason why he decided to fly to the US to train under KO.

We all know that Ari made that silly picture about Carlson Gracie book as a mockery of the local BB.

aaaah.... weeeak. is that how he started doing all those videos with the bb on? man that's bad form. he should have just moved on and went to ko or someone else or whatever, but just kept training.

you have no business at that level talking shit about ANYONE. just shut your trap and keep it moving.

he's a puppy in grappling. to think you should be showing people techniques about a sport you barely understand is just.... anyway I'm sure it's all been said before.

We have milk in cartons too. Just the large 4L milk comes in bags (it also comes in plastic jugs like water does)

I'm just fucking with you man. my girl just told me they used to give her milk in a bag in grade school. they kids called em 'tits', lol.

All of that is 100x worse than the videos. I'm still surprised he didn't get a visit from the local BJJ community. They wouldn't even have to go beat him up. Just send some purples to roll no-gi, wipe the floors with him and the top couple students, and extend an invite to the rest. If he's a middle blue, it shouldn't be inconceivable, and the image would be etched in the students' minds for some time.

You guys just had to get me out of bed and back on the computer. I'm battling a case of the flu here.
As one of the only guys that knows Ari personelly and has rolled with him and knows the inner workings of the whole thing, I feel the need to respond.
First, I have to say that I didn't like some of the stuff Ari did but to drag out his old stuff again is lame. He has get videos of some of the best blacks know on his site. He doesn't put himself up he gets guys that are awesome up. Really!
Ari really didn't buy his belt or stripes I know for a fact. Keith was very aware of ari's level and Ari has to fulfil all the same test and time requirements.
Ari is not awful at tournaments. He is an average blue belt and the guy really loves bjj. I have a hard time believing he said he was going to get anyone kicked out of any gym but I'll ask him the next time he comes down.
Feel free to ask me questions. I'll give you straight answers if I know.
Oh yeah, the black belt he wears in the videos is a japanese jiu jitsu one. I think he should take down all videos where is has it on but it's not my site. I would tell him that if he wanted my opinion too

Question. Do you believe an "average blue belt" should be posting technique videos on the internet and running his own academy?

someone should send a killer purple(or 4th stripe white) & act like a noob who's trying to learn the rubber guard. roll with him a little then tap his ass, laugh, then head back home.

repeat with a "new" white belt visiting every week.

someone should send a killer purple(or 4th stripe white) & act like a noob who's trying to learn the rubber guard. roll with him a little then tap his ass, laugh, then head back home.

I agree... as long as the visiting white could catch him in a Bobo-Plata.
That sounds very painful.... and invasive! :eek:

I'm just fucking with you man. my girl just told me they used to give her milk in a bag in grade school. they kids called em 'tits', lol.

Lmao. I've never drank bagged milk as far as I can remember.

I've tapped him out so has my son. He gets tapped and taps guys out. He doesn't care. He invited me up to his academy with Keith. I'd like to go but cost alittle too much. I dont think his guys at the gym he runs thinks he's some unbeatable badass.

Question. Do you believe an "average blue belt" should be posting technique videos on the internet and running his own academy?

Good question. I believe in freedom, capitalism and working a job you love( lord knows I lucked out on that one). His guys fully know what's up and choice to go there. It must be fun. I think it's more like a big guys club. I hope to get up there and see. As for the YouTube, I see a huge range of techniques. Just so guys don't lie about their rank. I don't like fakes. I don't think Ari is a fake btw. He is a blue belt that knows alot of tenth planet.

Good question. I believe in freedom, capitalism and working a job you love( lord knows I lucked out on that one). His guys fully know what's up and choice to go there. It must be fun. I think it's more like a big guys club. I hope to get up there and see. As for the YouTube, I see a huge range of techniques. Just so guys don't lie about their rank. I don't like fakes. I don't think Ari is a fake btw. He is a blue belt that knows alot of tenth planet.

well if you do make it out you are also welcome to come by my place (ZUMA), i happen to be that douche bag instructor lol.

well if you do make it out you are also welcome to come by my place (ZUMA), i happen to be that douche bag instructor lol.

If i'm ever in the area, thats where i'll be going. I wouldnt go to Ari's even if he had an actual BJJ black belt around his waist.

Back