Ari Bolden does it again!

In additional news:

Snape kills Dumbledore
Jigsaw is the dead guy on the floor
Soylent Green is people

dude, if i did not read the half blood prince already i would be soooooo maaaaaaad.

it is not like i had some dick head friend who told who Keyser S

I think the bigger question is why is the TS looking at Sub 101 in the first place?

Funny to I ran my mouth about this guy saying he was a fraud after his last tournament. He told me he was going to tell my Instructor about it and get me kicked out of my gym. It's interesting that he would squeal about me, since he's the one who made youtube videos under the idea he was a black belt. That being said everyone knows he's not a black belt and the idea of exposing him in competition is not that realistic. I believe he training at a real gi gym now and a lot of you have learned something from his videos fraud or not.

Funny to I ran my mouth about this guy saying he was a fraud after his last tournament. He told me he was going to tell my Instructor about it and get me kicked out of my gym. It's interesting that he would squeal about me, since he's the one who made youtube videos under the idea he was a black belt. That being said everyone knows he's not a black belt and the idea of exposing him in competition is not that realistic. I believe he training at a real gi gym now and a lot of you have learned something from his videos fraud or not.

Did you actually talked to him?

He is running an affiliation so he still charges his students for BJJ classes as a blue belt.

Did you actually talked to him?

He is running an affiliation so he still charges his students for BJJ classes as a blue belt.

Yeah I did. His philosophy is whatever he teaches is up to the student to decide if it works or not. I did not talk to him about affiliation most of it was about how he represents 10th planet jiu jitsu. While Eddie has a lot of respect for him because of what he has done. I think it's slightly shady that he hasn't gotten himself at least a minimal competition record. Everyone that I train with at the affiliation I belong to are about training and competing. Ironically this guy along with the shit that gets talked about here is the reason I didn't want to train there.

In the old days this guy would end badly. Someone would send over a tough purple or brown to break his arm, and take his belt.

It would be videoed and posted on youtube.

didn't you hear about how this almost happened?

would someone explain to me whats the big deal about this guy???

Why are yall still bashing him so hard. He's made some mistakes, was quite a douche but by all outward appearances he's changed. He's competing, which is a big step and even bigger he's under Keith Owen.

I don't see how dragging up videos from 3 years ago and bashing him for them is productive at all.

I don't know why you're beating this dead horse. Just need something to be pissed about? Bitch about Obama, or Mel Gibson something more current.

Why are yall still bashing him so hard. He's made some mistakes, was quite a douche but by all outward appearances he's changed. He's competing, which is a big step and even bigger he's under Keith Owen.

I don't see how dragging up videos from 3 years ago and bashing him for them is productive at all.

I don't know why you're beating this dead horse. Just need something to be pissed about? Bitch about Obama, or Mel Gibson something more current.

If he would just do a couple of things I wouldn't have a problem with him and just move on....

1. take down his crappy videos where he's fraudulently wearing a black belt.

2. stop doing seminars as a blue belt.

3. no more bullshit like paying for rank or negotiating for belts and stripes.

Until then, I feel its necessary to mention to everybody who will listen Ari is fraud and stain on bjj.

You guys just had to get me out of bed and back on the computer. I'm battling a case of the flu here.
As one of the only guys that knows Ari personelly and has rolled with him and knows the inner workings of the whole thing, I feel the need to respond.
First, I have to say that I didn't like some of the stuff Ari did but to drag out his old stuff again is lame. He has get videos of some of the best blacks know on his site. He doesn't put himself up he gets guys that are awesome up. Really!
Ari really didn't buy his belt or stripes I know for a fact. Keith was very aware of ari's level and Ari has to fulfil all the same test and time requirements.
Ari is not awful at tournaments. He is an average blue belt and the guy really loves bjj. I have a hard time believing he said he was going to get anyone kicked out of any gym but I'll ask him the next time he comes down.
Feel free to ask me questions. I'll give you straight answers if I know.
Oh yeah, the black belt he wears in the videos is a japanese jiu jitsu one. I think he should take down all videos where is has it on but it's not my site. I would tell him that if he wanted my opinion too

Boise,

The buying rank part was a reference to Eddie giving him his purple shirt, not a shot at Keith. I think its pretty obvious that there's no way he would've gotten a purple shirt at the time he did, if he didn't open an affiliate school.

The negotiating for stripes was in fact a reference to Keith. Didn't he make some sort of deal with Keith to get 2 stripes on his blue through some arrangement? If its not true, I apologize...its just what I read.

Last edited:
The guy Ari went against was a blue. He forgot his belt and had to borrow one
Ari didn't ask for the stripes. Keith thought Ari should get credit for time. Stripes = time with Keith. He even asked my and a couple of other higher belts their opinion. He told Ari four, Ari posted it, and then Keith had a change of heaart and made it two and Ari looked like an a hole. Not his fault

Ari didn't ask for the stripes. Keith thought Ari should get credit for time. Stripes = time with Keith. He even asked my and a couple of other higher belts their opinion. He told Ari four, Ari posted it, and then Keith had a change of heaart and made it two and Ari looked like an a hole. Not his fault

Thanks for clearing that up but just another question if you don't mind.

Has Keith done this before, promoting someone to a belt and instantly give them stripes? I don't understand the reasoning behind it and have never heard this practice before.

Obviously he felt Ari was deserving of a blue belt because he tested him and awarded him the belt. So was it Keith's opinion at that point that Ari was so good that he felt he was better than blue but couldn't give him a two rank promotion at once, which was the reason he originally wanted to give him 4 stripes to distinguish him from all the other blue belts at the school?

Thanks for the clarification I edited the post.

Did Ari fought another match in the gi division before that one?

Thanks for clearing that up but just another question if you don't mind.

Has Keith done this before, promoting someone to a belt and instantly give them stripes? I don't understand the reasoning behind it and have never heard this practice before.

Obviously he felt Ari was deserving of a blue belt because he tested him and awarded him the belt. So was it Keith's opinion at that point that Ari was so good that he felt he was better than blue but couldn't give him a two rank promotion at once, which was the reason he originally wanted to give him 4 stripes to distinguish him from all the other blue belts at the school?

This all came at a real turning point at our gym. We went to time and testing just like Pedro Sauer does and Ari was keiths first affiliate nkeith was very interested in ten planet at the time. Before Keith would hand out belts and stripes as he saw fit. I think the two stripes were avway of giving Ari credit for time before Keith. I was a four stripe at the time and I think he used me and my son for the model of what a four stripe blue was. Ari came and rolled and took class. Keith went up there and tested the guys and credited Ari for time served with two stripes. It was no big deal at our gym. He was right in there with other blues during rolling.
Keith wants him to be legit and video his comps and show the world and I give him props for that. He is much more under the microscope.
Whatever guys see on his videos is just a moment in time of his overall bjj. I like the guy, not the biggest fan of some of his doings but he is one of the guys when he comes down although he stiffed my on a shirt. If you read this Ari you stiffed me.

Back