Ari Aster vs Robert Eggers

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ari Aster (Heriditary, Midsommar)

vs

Robert Eggers (The VVitch, The Lighthouse)

Who you got?

both great but i'd go with eggers.

Haven’t watched the Lighthouse yet. Loved the other films though.

So far Heriditary best out the Witch so I’ll go with Aster.

Going with Aster because I haven't seen the lighthouse. Didn't care for the VVitch got bored pretty fast.

your vs threads have grown tiresome.

flat-220x200-075-t-u3.jpg

Eggers.

Without having sen THE LIGHTHOUSE yet, I should be fair & wait until I've seen an equal amount of work between the two to make a determination. But, with that said, I'm going to have to go with Astor thus far. Although I loved THE VVITCH, I don't find that it makes me want to rewatch it quite as often as HEREDITARY & MIDSOMMAR have.

I have seen all 4. Aster takes it just barely. Id rank them Hereditary, The lighthouse, midsommer, the vvitch. All good movies but that death scene from hereditary still sticks with me.

TBH all those films are a little overrated. Every one of them do a great job with atmosphere. Every one of them has a shit ending though. The witch sticks it the best I guess. Hereditary and Midsommar are both great until the 3rd act. The lighthouse was interesting but didnt go anywhere for me. I suppose it was a little too arthouse for me. I would say I enjoyed Asters more and he has a better knack for scenery.

Heriditary is the best out of those. However, Midsommar was lame for a horror movie.

It's a tie.

Back