Arguments against DC being GOAT?

The argument against him would be not having a streak of dominance like GSP or Fedor had.

There aren't any. Unless you think roided jones counts.

what is with people and having to rename a new GOAT everytime a decent fighter wins a big match? lol

hes done enough to be called one of the greats for sure, but with only two matches left before his supposed retirement he is never going to be GOAT

You'll get over it eventually. Best is to just accept it, constructing a palace of delusion isn't productive.

That's great advice you're giving yourself there, bud. I don't even need to add on to that, you're on the right path.

That's great advice you're giving yourself there, bud. I don't even need to add on to that, you're on the right path.
Jeez man, you're really gonna hit me with The "I know you are but what am I" line? Is this the second grade all over again?

Why even use the qualifier (of all time). Most people cannot wrap their heads around fighters of yesteryear accomplishments. It is difficult at best to fairly gauge a current fighter that you have watched to a fighter prior to you following the sport. OF ALL TIME - Length of time!
Reasons against D.C. being GOAT - First and foremost reality, but here are a few others.
1. DC has held the UFC HW belt for 31 days with 0 title defenses! Randy Couture held that same belt for 2,105 days FFS. He isn't close to top 10 GOAT HW's of all time!
2. D.C. held the UFC LHW belt for 1,172 days defending it three times. Tito Ortiz held that belt for 1,260 days and defended it 5 times. Jones held it for 1,501 days and defended it 8 times. FFS D.C. is just one of the eight victims of the LHW GOAT!
3. D.C. is NOT the first fighter to wear both the LHW & HW UFC straps. That also goes to Couture. Couture held the two belts for a total of 2,470 days vs. D.C.'s 1,203 days.

Jon Jones beat him fair and square.

The only way to know for sure is to allow DC to juice as much as Jones.
Lol, 'cause the very idea of Jones fighting clean isn't even fathomable.

Uh At no point was he ever the best in his own division. That’s kind of a problem.

The only way to know for sure is to allow DC to juice as much as Jones.

Oh you mean the speck of something they found in Jones system that triggered a positive last time. You realize they found nothing whatsoever in his system for like one year right? And they continue to find nothing all the way until the night of the fight.

Those 2 losses to jones are hard to look past. Yes, jones tested positive but it's hard to look at someone as the GOAT after seeing someone clearly get the better of them like that

I am a huge GSP fan and the reality is IMO Jones is probably the greatest fighter in the history of the sport. He also completely wrecked his career with his own bullshit. It’s sickening and sad in so many ways.

Biggest reason? Because he doesn't even think he is better then Jones

Back