Arguably Bellator's biggest name only drew 270,000 viewers!

trentkelp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think Bellator is a Zombie company! Coker running it right into the ground. He uses it as a personal piggy bank and cashing out to his "Friends" and not whats best for the company.

Chandler and others might be right for jumping ship! If you are not Buddies with Coker you do not get paid............

Let's see if they draw bigger numbers mid September once they switch to CBS sports

Kinda sucks, i like bellator. If they go under, i will miss there free fights on youtube. They put lima vs mvp on there, freaking awesome!

I bet they dont even get 50k viewers on cbs sports network. There goes another promotion Coker ends via tko

Let's see if they draw bigger numbers mid September once they switch to CBS sports

They wont even break 100k viewers on cbs sports network. Nobody i mean nobody whatches that channel. That channel is not even neilson rated.

In a relatively non sports world right now due to the Coronavirus, and with Bellator not even bringing politics to their organization, which should entice viewers and relieve viewers to see a sport without the politics, Bellator under Coker could not even draw 300,000 average live viewers. Bjorn Rebney built a good MMA organization from the ground up and filled it with good fighters, who put on some very entertaining fights. Coker was handed a good product, but hasn't really grown the excitement level of fights or matchmaking with Bellator. It's a shame.

Last edited:
I am in Greece and there was no way of watching the fight live since DAZN here is unavailable and there was no other option.
The only countries that have DAZN are Brazil, Spain, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Canada, Italy, United States and Japan.
I think the UK had it on TV.
This was the case for other fights also so not saying it is the cause, but they need to expand their service at some point if they want to increase their numbers.

But also those seem to me the viewers on Paramount Network (275k) and they havent released the DAZN numbers

Last edited:
I do like the move off of Paramount. They really had no audience there. That channel demo isn't people who usually watch MMA.

But CBS Sports has been a dud since the day it started. It seems like it was created simply as monkey see, monkey do kind of channel and has sat stale ever since. Soccer seems to be about the only key thing they have on that channel. Otherwise it's filled with like bull riding and shit like that. I don't know, maybe CBS sports is going to be revamped and attention paid to it, but I doubt it. One good thing is they'll probably have free reign to start broadcasting past events, highlight shows, and in general just get more hours of Bellator content on TV. Now they just got to figure out a way to educate people CBS Sports channel even exist.

I am in Greece and there was no way of watching the fight live since DAZN here is unavailable and there was no other option.
The only countries that have DAZN are Brazil, Spain, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Canada, Italy, United States and Japan.
This was the case for other fights also so not saying it is the cause of it, but they need to expand their service at some point if they want to increase their numbers.

CBS Sports does stream a large amount of events free on there CBS app. Maybe that will lead you to be able to watch live Bellator events in the future. Just a thought.

This was the case for other fights also so not saying it is the cause, but they need to expand their service at some point if they want to increase their numbers.

But also those seem to me the viewers on Paramount Network (275k) and they havent released the DAZN numbers

We had the main card on Sky Sports, but the prelims were region blocked on YouTube despite not being available to watch anywhere, so I had to torrent them.

Silly really.

I do like the move off of Paramount. They really had no audience there. That channel demo isn't people who usually watch MMA.

But CBS Sports has been a dud since the day it started. It seems like it was created simply as monkey see, monkey do kind of channel and has sat stale ever since. Soccer seems to be about the only key thing they have on that channel. Otherwise it's filled with like bull riding and shit like that. I don't know, maybe CBS sports is going to be revamped and attention paid to it, but I doubt it. One good thing is they'll probably have free reign to start broadcasting past events, highlight shows, and in general just get more hours of Bellator content on TV. Now they just got to figure out a way to educate people CBS Sports channel even exist.
CBS Sports does get a huge bump during the college football season when the military Academies, Air Force, Army, and Navy football games are on and when the SEC football games are on. And college basketball games does seem to do well on CBS Sports as well. As far as it translating to Bellator's success drawing viewers, well, Coker has had 6 years to due that, June 2014, so if he could have done it, he would have done it by now.

Paramount has tape delay for a lot of people and those people just won’t watch it at all. It didn’t even start till it was 10:30pm in the West and ended after midnight.

Paramount treats mma like a fictional television series and not live sports. Get the fuxk outta here with that shit. The west got the tape delay screwjob by spike TV when they had the UFC too and they didn’t learn anything

Bellator REALLY needs to leave Paramount, that channel is just not made for MMA anymore. A positive outcome about the move to CBS Sports is the possibility to have 4-5 hours of air time for the prelims and main events, plus prime time slots for live events. They wont have to worry about rushing the production because they are going to cut them off to start airing COPS or whatever other show Paramount aired. Plus, maybe this is a stepping stone for possible big events, like tournaments or tentpole events, on CBS.

CBS Sports does get a huge bump during the college football season when the military Academies, Air Force, Army, and Navy football games are on and when the SEC football games are on. And college basketball games does seem to do well on CBS Sports as well. As far as it translating to Bellator's success drawing viewers, well, Coker has had 6 years to due that, June 2014, so if he could have done it, he would have done it by now.

You and I both know Coker isn't the answer to turn around Bellator.

Coker will keep giving us Liz Carmuche, Wannabe McGreggor. Instagram models, and Roy "I can't walk" Nelson! With 0 Marketing, 0 Hype, and commentators who can make a run at the most annoying sounds in the world up there with Fingernails on Chalk Boards...Through in the "GLAZE" Jay Glazer putting in his own Fighters....You get the feeling it's a sinking ship!

Fire all the TOP Managment and try to make another run...........Coker's model does not WORK! Numbers do not lie

I bet they dont even get 50k viewers on cbs sports network. There goes another promotion Coker ends via tko
which was the first promotion he ended via TKO?

Bellator doing good is better for the fighters and ultimately better for the fans, its weird that certain people get gleeful over shitting on it

which was the first promotion he ended via TKO?
Strikeforce.

Bellator has steadily gone downhill since Rebney left. Bellator went from a legitimate organization running tournaments, establishing and creating talent to a circus focused on signing old washed up UFC fighters.

Way less.

Bellator is dying

@trentkelp tell the GOAT to jump off the titanic

Boss in all honesty, If they do not pay Tyrell to STAY.......He is Gone! He makes less than what entry level UFC guys make. His coach does not get paid! His coach on his own dime drives them up to Vegas to get Sparring with Boxers (Again on his own dime) Fortune needs to pay sparring and training partners but can't! He could win 4 fights in the UFC easy and be top 10! One loss against Tim is bad, but IMHO a FLUKE! It happens! Just saw him wrestle World Team members today and it was eye opening! These guys are ALL Olympic level Wrestlers. Fortune beat them after doing 2 hours of Cardio and training in the morning!

Last edited:
Back