Media Ares FC 9 Nov.3rd Lapilus vs Ayoub 2 & Staropoli vs Damiani

That was handled somewhat poorly. If the fighter can’t continue because of an illegal blow, call the fight and tell Penini to shut his yap. Don’t let the thing continue.

I return just in time for a ruckus in the arena.

Last edited:
Incredibly bad standup, Dariya was teeing off on her for 4 min and only lost since he has abysmal ground game,

Dixon's standup is better than the average UFC WBW she just didn't get to show it off in this fight due to who she was fighting. The only knock on her standup is she is low volume.

Zheleznyakova just has exceptionally good standup, for a WBW, which makes her a very difficult fighter to deal with while a fight is contested on the feet. She is normally more methodical about the shots she throws but as you saw she was aggressively hunting the knockout. It understandably took Dixon time to adjust.

The UFC would be wise to sign her.

Fun fight so far!

Good card overall. I really dig ARES, and not just because of the incredible name.

This rule is still ridiculous.

The fight was pretty good. The entire card was fine. I had seen some single fights from previous ARES events, but this is the first one I've seen in it's entirety. Doesn't seem like a promotion I would go out of my way to see, but if it's on and I have some time, I'd watch if there isn't anything else.

Back