ARES FC 2

Still feels a bit random, somehow known names but not really names that attract many viewers.( And in the case of Henrique with an extremly boring fightingstyle)

I don't really see what their target audience is, they fill their cards with random international fighters, that don't belong to the top and hold their events at weird places. If they already started to attack the western african market, wouldn't it be smarter to focus on guys like reug reug as their main attraction and build local guys up instead of flying in, such expensive but not "attractive" foreign fighters, that nobody cares about over there and even hardcores barely care about.
A shame, because there is a big, untapped, potential talent-pool in africa.

Who is paying for them anyway? Can't imagine that this event in senegal was profitable.

Feels a bit like Brave, but there it is quite obvious who is paying for it and that they don't care about viewing figures.

The founder of this promotion is one of Francis Ngannous coach called Lopez who has heritage from Senegal if i am not mistaken. Since MMA in France is legal i guess his plans is to focus on french speaking african countries aswell France and perhaps Belgium.

There are many good talented french fighters who can lift this up later this year but first they need to put names we have heard about before but really do not care today and Teodoras is one of them since he participated in Rizin and fought King Mo.

Braves strategy is just to add 3-4 fights in a promotion globally as a main card, if that will hold we will find out but so far it looks ok.

Ares 2 will take place in Brussels, interesting choice.

Last edited:
lol! That’s not true. This fights are in Africa.

I don’t have anything to do with them
That is what I thought. I was super confused by that guy's statement. Keep up the good work Lopez! :)

Wilson Reis confirmed to me that he'll fight at Ares 3, but he is ready for Ares 2 if needed.

He is also one of the most intelligent fighters I have ever interviewed. So sad he is not a part of the UFC roster anymore.

Back