Are you willing to accept MM as P4P #1 if Jones is gone?

It's Johnson or Cruz, and Cruz just had a very close fight and has been largely inactive for the last number of years. So, yeah, it's pretty clear cut that's it's Johnson at this point.

Since September of 2013 Jones has had 4 fights. All decision wins.

Since July 2013 MM has had 7 fights. With just 2 going to the judges.

The numbers alone explain how MM took over the p4p 1.

And with Jones now popping... He's not even in this conversation anymore.

I'm not being obtuse, but... What the fuck are you talking about ? What am I missing here ?

The better fighter is number 1. He has been for a couple of years. What's the fucking issue ?

Jones could KO everyone MM has fought in his entire career in a one-night midget tossing grand prix.

6.gif

ThoughtfulWickedArcticduck.gif

MJ has more title defenses and is WAY more active than Dom. You posting GIFS of their 1st fight proves nothing. Nick Diaz has a W over Robbie Lawler, if he comes back does that mean Nick should be ranked ahead of him? Exactly. End of your argument, you may be seated.

Sure, I have no problem with that.

MJ has more title defenses and is WAY more active than Dom. You posting GIFS of their 1st fight proves nothing. Nick Diaz has a W over Robbie Lawler, if he comes back does that mean Nick should be ranked ahead of him? Exactly. End of your argument, you may be seated.

He has 2 more title defenses than Cruz but Cruz has beaten better fighters and is 1-0 in the head to head match up. He also has a slightly better record with less losses. When two fighters are equally dominate with similar stats then I would guess the head to head match up would be the deciding factor.

It is subjective but no, definitely not #1 P4P. That division is super shallow. Not much different from when Rousey was ruling.

Lets see, put Johnson against Bones....who wins p4p?

Since September of 2013 Jones has had 4 fights. All decision wins.

Since July 2013 MM has had 7 fights. With just 2 going to the judges.

The numbers alone explain how MM took over the p4p 1.

And with Jones now popping... He's not even in this conversation anymore.

I'm not being obtuse, but... What the fuck are you talking about ? What am I missing here ?

The better fighter is number 1. He has been for a couple of years. What's the fucking issue ?

TS asked whether Jones' exile had propelled MM to the top spot in the P4P rankings. I said no and you are confirming my view: all of your arguments for MM's ascendancy refer to things both of them did while Jones was active. To put it differently, I think Jones and Johnson each rank wherever they did the day before Jones was suspended. Or if Jones has fallen, it's because his wins have been discredited by the revelation of his drug use, not because he's gone. Eventually, his inactivity will start to undermine his standing as Jones sits on the sidelines without fighting and other people rack up new accomplishments but for now it hasn't. MM in particular hasn't fought while Jones has been suspended. I hope this is clearer.

i think conor has a higher claim for p4p #1 than mighty mouse does just based off of the level of competition hes fought and how hes dispatched of them + MM has openly admitted hes scared to fight in any other weight class

lol Conor has beat 1 prepared elite fighter.

I accepted it the entire time Jones was here. Jones has never got into the top 5 on any p4p list imo.

That's not a knock on Jones, because he's beyond an incredible fighter. The absolute best LHW I've ever seen, and one of the very best fighters I've ever seen.

Honesty I think if u wanna be P4P best fighter you should be able to at least have a competitive fight with other champions close to our weight range so if DJ were to beat Dom I think he takes it but let's be serious the guys he's beating aren't real destroyers, he should move up to 135 there's nothing at flyweight to challenge him at this point
yeah ...lets be serious .... its not like Joe and Cejudo arent top fighters...

I don't think when they say P4P meaning actual weight.

Seriously though IMO it's Aldo.

Back