Are you willing to accept MM as P4P #1 if Jones is gone?

Ar145984

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If Jones never returns, are you comfortable with Mighty Mouse being called the #1 pound for pound fighter on the planet? Him being marketed as the greatest fighter to currently be active?

Explain.

At this moment? Sure.

He has defended his belt the most, in dominant fashion. And pretty much cleaned out his division.

I'm not a big fan of the "pound for pound" concept, because I think it is reeeeally subjective and at the end of the day, it's impossible to really compare fighters who belong in different weight classes anyway.

But my personal thoughts all say that the choice can't go far from DJ or Dominick - and I lean towards the latter.

Technically it'd be true, but something about it feels weird. But it's true.

No, cuz this is the P4P #1
domcruz.jpg

Yes and no. I know he is easily one of the top p4p fighters, I just feel like he has the easiest competition of any champ by far

I mean the guy who ppl say is the #1 fighter planet was about to fight Wilson Reis, a decent fighter on a one fight win streak

Hobbits should not count when it comes to P4P rankings.

Jones being gone doesn't make much of a difference to my P4P assessment of Mighty Mouse at the moment because MM hasn't done much since Jones "left." On the other hand, if MM is clean and Jones was roiding, that has to weigh heavily in the comparison.

LOL... He was my p4p 1 while Jones was still around. So yeah... I'm accepting it quite easily.

P4P ratings need to start at 155 pounds with actual life sized humans. ;)

Last edited:
Jones being gone doesn't make much of a difference to my P4P assessment of Mighty Mouse at the moment because MM hasn't done much since Jones "left."

MM has finished his last 5 fights, I believe. While Jones has been getting decisions. And possibly a decision he didn't even deserve.

I don't grasp the concept where " MM hasn't done much ". Are we even discussing the same person here ?

No, cuz this is the P4P #1
domcruz.jpg

I agree. Had his division on lockdown and beat MM, came back after several years out, murdered Miz/Dethroned Dillabang/Beat down Faber.

i think conor has a higher claim for p4p #1 than mighty mouse does just based off of the level of competition hes fought and how hes dispatched of them + MM has openly admitted hes scared to fight in any other weight class

MM was #1 p4p before Jones was gone. The only other argument to be made is for Cruz because he holds a win over MM. Heavyweight and lhw lack the skills of the lower weight class fighters. In my opinion no fighter over 185 lbs should ever be mentioned in the p4p discussion. AS, GSP, Edgar, Aldo, Cruz and MM are the only fighters to ever hold claim over the top p4p spot.

Honesty I think if u wanna be P4P best fighter you should be able to at least have a competitive fight with other champions close to our weight range so if DJ were to beat Dom I think he takes it but let's be serious the guys he's beating aren't real destroyers, he should move up to 135 there's nothing at flyweight to challenge him at this point

No

MM lost to Cruz and was forced to leave the division. Nothing about that is p4p best.

MM is head and shoulders above any P4P contenders, including Jones. Long stretch of inactivity and a recent split decision doesn't help Dominic Cruz's claim.

I was comfortable with MM being P4P below Fedor and above Jones while Jones was here.

MM is head and shoulders above any P4P contenders, including Jones. Long stretch of inactivity and a recent split decision doesn't help Dominic Cruz's claim.

MM is not head and shoulders above most adult humans.

Back