"Are You Telling Us This Is What Happened To Conor?" --- Ben Askren burns Dillon Danis

My panties aren't in a twist, if you use your eyes and look back you'll see I said his comment was funny, he could have attacked Danis personally without mentioning his team mate who happens to have achieved more than you in the sport. And is the UFC the MMA premier org? Bellator and One are behind whether we like it or not.

While I agree One FC is behind although apparently they pay far more to their fighters than the UFC with the exception of a few big stars (Conor, Jones etc), Bellator has improved quite a bit.

Their 170 division at this point is equal to the UFC in terms of talent. They also are far better at finding new prospects and promoting them, something the UFC barely does with its contender series.

<45><Lmaoo> lol @ SBG <Lmaoo><45>
mqHo8HT9LCzeM.gif

While I agree One FC is behind although apparently they pay far more to their fighters than the UFC with the exception of a few big stars (Conor, Jones etc), Bellator has improved quite a bit.

Their 170 division at this point is equal to the UFC in terms of talent. They also are far better at finding new prospects and promoting them, something the UFC barely does with its contender series.
I think that Bellator are on the rise and will benefit with the Sky audience having access now. And haven't One Fc made a loss in almost every event they've put on? I remember reading something about the amount of debt they are in.

Askren is in the UFC, he could have been in a lot earlier but how many employers do you know that you could call shit too and they'd employ you? Absolutely none.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.mma...white-ufc-no-interest-ben-askren-bellator-mma
That’s not how it started. Dana refused to sign him but allowed fighters like Fitch, Shields, Colton Smith, etc in but not Askren because he didn’t want another orgs champ to come in and be at the top. Askren didn’t start talking shit until he was denied a contract.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.mma...white-ufc-no-interest-ben-askren-bellator-mma
That’s not how it started. Dana refused to sign him but allowed fighters like Fitch, Shields, Colton Smith, etc in but not Askren because he didn’t want another orgs champ to come in and be at the top. Askren didn’t start talking shit until he was denied a contract.
Fitch was released around the 2013 mark wasn't he? Around that time especially Dana was having a clearout on wrestling heavy fighters and cut Shields also. I think he found the grinding wrestling style more boring than anything else. At the end of the day though if he'd stayed composed and kissed a bit arse and kept winning it wouldn't have taken six years to eventually be signed.

We will see how good Askren is now anyways and I'm excited that!

He fell, in my opinion, due to a disconnect between him and John Kavanagh about the overall gameplan.

Or is it possible you can't prepare for a world class grappler with a single training camp?

Instead of taking two years off to box, Conor should've been spent two years on wrestling and cardio. Even then it probably wouldn't be enough.

Ben Askren is a welterweight and a strong one at that, Conor has spent most his career at 145lb so I'd expect Askren to beat him. And styles make fights, wrestlers make the Diaz brothers look stupid as they can threaten the takedown at any time, the Diaz brothers do however have fantastic cardio, boxing and chins, and Conor himself is primarily a boxer, so put them up against each other and you have in effect a close boxing match. It isn't shameful to lose a straight up striking battle against either Diaz brother, and Conor was rocked in the first fight before being subbed.
Connor has spent most of his career at 155 actually. Ben is also a small WW. And yes, I agree styles make fights, but still. Being competitive with someone like Nate Diaz looks bad when you're trying to pull off the whole "badass" gig.

This Askren guy is growing on me. Hopefully he has an exciting and fan-friendly fighting style.

Connor has spent most of his career at 155 actually. Ben is also a small WW. And yes, I agree styles make fights, but still. Being competitive with someone like Nate Diaz looks bad when you're trying to pull off the whole "badass" gig.
He fought at 145 in cage warriors then moved up once he won the 145 belt then did the same thing in the UFC, that to me is a 145er challenging himself at a higher weight ass.
And Nate Diaz is as bad ass as it comes, who on earth really wants to stand and strike with him? Most guys best his legs down or take him down.

He fought at 145 in cage warriors then moved up once he won the 145 belt then did the same thing in the UFC, that to me is a 145er challenging himself at a higher weight ass.
And Nate Diaz is as bad ass as it comes, who on earth really wants to stand and strike with him? Most guys best his legs down or take him down.
the majority of his fights have been at 155 lbs.... And yeah, but that shows how Connor isn't well rounded.

Funny, but Conor was a two weight UFC champ, Askren hasn't fought in the Premier org yet never mind won a belt.
Quick to defend your boyfriend. Relax dude. He didn’t mean to hurt you.

the majority of his fights have been at 155 lbs.... And yeah, but that shows how Connor isn't well rounded.
Im not sure you understand the word majority

16 of his 25 fights were at FW. The majority of his fights have been at 145lbs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back