Are you taller than your parents?

i got the tall gene. me and my brother are 6ft or taller. my parents are small lol

With each generation seemingly getting bigger than the last, I ask the following questions:

1)How many of you have kept to this, out growing first your mother, then your father?

2)How many of you have only grown taller than your mother, only to be shorter than your father?

3)How many are shorter than both?

EDIT: Did this effect your adolescent relationship with either parent in anyway?

2 - Taller than mom (5'8") but shorter than dad (6'5")

I am the shortest child (6'1" girl and boy, 6'3" boy, 6'7" girl). The 6'1" sister has twin 6'4" daughters.

taller then both my mum and dad. shorter then both my grandpas.

Mom - 5'3
Dad - 5'9
Me - 5'10.5

I'm actually the tallest male in my entire family (including in-laws). I come from a fairly short Chinese family. My grandparents are all under 5'7. My aunts/uncles are all 5'8 or shorter. Can't really complain.

8 inches taller than my mom 4 inches taller than dad

I'm taller than my mom but just barely

Mom: 5'11"
Dad: 6'3"
Me: 6'7"

Taller than both my parents.

I'm taller than my mother. Don't know much about my father since he's a peice of shit. RIP.

Mom 5'4 (now 4'11 due to a bone density issue)
Dad 5'11-6
Me 5'11-6 funny thing is my dad and I both have bad posture and I have scoliosis. I remember being 14 and told if they could straighten my back I would be around 6'2.

Maternal Grandpa 5'8 (his dad was 5'5)
Maternal Grandma 5'9 (her dad was 6'4)
Parental Grandpa 6'3
Parental Grandma 5'10

Taller than both my parents.

I'm, just under 5'7, about the same as my mom. Dad's just over 5'8.

In the civilized world that would be:

Me: 169 cm
Dad: 174 cm

Last edited:
I am taller than both parents but my brother is marginally taller than me.

My mom is about 5"6, Dad was 6"2, my brother and I are about 6"4 and my sister is going to probably top out around 5"10. Good genes and small sample size though.

Back