Are you taller than your parents?

Mom - 5'0"
Dad - 6'5"
Me - 6'2"

Can't complain with how I turned out.

I come from a family of 4 brothers and it's basically a half an inch to an inch taller for each younger member.

Dad - 5'10"
Oldest brother - 5'10 1/2
Second oldest - 5'11"
me - 6'0"
youngest - 6'1"

Same exact numbers and order here, except my oldest brother is a freak and is 6'6".

And my sister is taller than my mother, but shorter than my dad.

My parents are pretty short...

Dad 5'8"
Mom 5'2"

But my sister is 5'9" and I'm 6'2"

Grandpa was a hair under 6 foot and grandma was only a little shorter than him...

My dad's mom was a tiny lady, never met gramps from my father's side.

I'm the youngest of 3 boys. I'm the shortest of the boys. Still taller than both my parents. My parents are taller than my younger sister so I guess they have that going for them. I'm also taller than my grandparents on both sides.

I'm 6'2-6'3. My dad is about 5'3-5'4.

So yes.

im the tallest in my family by about 2 inches, and i'm only 5'11''.

oddly enough, my dutch genes are the ones that kept me from being taller. My german/scottish uncles are 6'4'' monsters.

Dad's about 5'8", mom 5'2" and I'm in the middle.

I'm taller than my parents. My dad's 5'10 and my moms 5'1.

Shorter then my dad and older brother. Taller then my mum and younger sister.

Not as tall as my dad. He had the Big Nog thing.

Taller than both my dad and grandpa by a few inches, but shorter than my cousins.

I have 2 younger brothers and we are all 5'9-5'10ish. My dad is 5'8. Sadly I'm not taller than my youngest brother but I am taller than my dad.

Taller than mom was but shorter than dad was. Means nothing to me at all.

I'm not taller than most men my age, but I am taller than my mom $ older sister but smaller than my dad, older brother and younger brother.

With each generation seemingly getting bigger than the last, I ask the following questions:

1)How many of you have kept to this, out growing first your mother, then your father?

2)How many of you have only grown taller than your mother, only to be shorter than your father?

3)How many are shorter than both?

EDIT: Did this effect your adolescent relationship with either parent in anyway?

Parents are super short, even by Asian standard. Already outgrown both of them by the time I was in grade 6. Now I am 5" 8' and about similar height with my cousins and we are all taller than our parents.

i'm about a half inch taller then my dad and like 7 inches taller then my mom. I'm also a lot taller then both my grandma's and grandpa's. My younger brother is about 1 inch taller then me.

about the same height as my dad (average)
obviously taller than my mum (who is also about average - for women).

actually I think my grandfather(s) may have been taller than both of us...

What would be interesting then, is if anyone is shorter than their mother... that would be unusual :icon_lol:

My Dad was 5'-5", Mom is 5'-7" and im 6'-0"..... my pregnant gf is 5'-10" from a tall family and we had an ultrasound of our 4 month old fetus and the Dr. said we already have a long baby so it'll probably be tall too.

Back