Are you still bitter and angry about the outcome of some long-passed fights?

Nope. I guess I'm just not a big enough fan of a fighter to be upset when they lose. I just enjoy watching fights.

Diaz vs. Condit. I'll never stop being angry over that fight.

I don't even understand why willin is biased against Edgar. You'd think he'd be singing his praises to make Gray look better.
Clearly, you fail to see the forest for the trees.
I, indeed, like Frankie Edgar a great deal. I have watched him, along with Gray Maynard, "grow up" in the UFC.
I could cite a litany of superlatives that would apply to my Edgar.
However, I am hard pressed to include the word "dominant" among them.
The Edgar fans that inhabit a "winebubble" of giddy delusion, imo, require and insist on that dominant, ferocious, ass kicking, goat version of Frankie.
Now, I would be remiss were I to fail mentioning that my disdain does not include those Edgar fans, including myself, who accept him for the Fighter that he is; great, gritty, heart, vulnerable, probably irreparably damaged from fighting above his weight, clearly views himself as priveleged by the UFC "Powers That Be".
Frankie and his Family are from the Wrestling "Community", as I am, as Gray Maynard and his Family are. A very strong Bond, indeed.
I love Frankie. I do find many of his more vocal (forum) Supporters to be repugnant.

What are you talking about, that fight went awesome for Rampage:

33kr5li.gif

I remember that fight. Wait...

Fine, say edgar lost the first fight he got a rematch and beat BJ whats the difference.

It's all speculation, but if you take Penn winning that decision as a premise, then I think the differences are:

1. Edgar would have lost his first title shot.
2. Edgar would not have gotten a rematch for losing a decision to the champ.
3. Edgar would not have become LW champ.
4. Penn would not have lost.
5. Penn would not have lost a rematch, because no rematch would have occurred.
6. Penn would have remained champ until Maynard, Bendo, or Diaz took the belt from him.
7. Penn may not have begun to imagine he is a good fighter at MW.

Personally, I don't have a dog in that fight. I thought it was a close fight, and I'm not a huge fan of either fighter. I'm just saying that if we are going to speculate on what ifs, that particular fight changed the face of the LW division.

Has George Soft-pierre finished any top 10 fighters since Serra?
BJ doesn't count, because it wasn't a real stoppage

I share your criticism of GSP as a guy who doesn't finish. But not counting the second Penn fight as a finish is absolutely stupid. That definitely counts as a huge finish. He would have killed that guy if they didn't stop it. Sometimes a guy isn't KO'ed but sure as hell can be brain-damaged by the punishment he is taking. That's why his corner threw in the towel.

Royce Gracie versus Matt Hughes, or Penn vs Hughes II.

Travesty? He was fucking knocked out and submitted.
First fight was a fluke. Nog had no business in the cage, that night. Had the second fight won, ref made him second guess himself with a bad warning and went for an ill advised ground attack that resulted in yet another insane, fluke of an outcome.
Ran away? yet landed more strikes?
70% of those "strikes" were leg kicks so soft that they shouldn't even count and grazing strikes that barely landed causing no damage. Condit had very little signifcant strikes. The whole fight was a sham.
BJ won? Not even close?
BJ was robbed in the first Edgar fight. A horrible decision that ruined BJ's career and resulted in years of garbage in the division due to Frankie being so prone to weird decisions and injuries.

how can you guys be so fucking stupid lol.
Right back at ya.

Back