Are you still a Mark Hunt fan?

Are you still a Mark Hunt fan?

• Total voters
While I voted never was a fan, I can 100% honestly say it is entirely due to his one-dimensional style of fighting in MMA that has shown precious little improvement in the area of MMA he is most lacking. I can't stand any pure striker that comes to the UFC and refuses to train that "boring" grappling crap!

Whatever, go another decade refusing to improve his grappling, and he will still look like tutle the turtle getting turned upside down on his shell, and be totally unable to do anything about it!

I agree to a point. But watch his old fights since coming to the UFC. Mark Hunt has not been submitted by anyone but Sean McCorkle. So you can clearly see DURING FIGHTS that Mark Hunt now has developed submission defense unlike his earlier MMA career.

Oh don't you dare

Isn't it the truth though? What steroid did he pop for? We don't know, right?

Just casually following Hunt's pre fight assume train.. :>

How many fucking poles (polls) are you going to smoke? Oops, I mean START. It goes a bit overboard - every damn day - who gives a shit what some of these mouth breathers thinks. It is likely based on incorrect information anyways let alone some forlorn Hero Worship Complex. Like the one Poll a few days ago where you went all fuckin' spaztastically mad when your "Will-Start-Polls-For-Likes" FAILED then you said "Wasteland this shit!" like, oh no, the poor little Kone got trolled, didn't like the answers that were given and cried himself to sleep that night - plus it wasted his weak post count to Like ratio.

Seriously dude, your just swimming for likes. If I did that everyday I'm pretty sure that would mark me as DESPERATE for approval like your polls mark you as a retard.

Really, get some fucking help. I used to like commenting here, but the real decent guys with the exception of Pete and a few others are gone and now we can only read what whiny cunts like you fishing for "Likes".

What the fuck are you, 15? Of course I still like Mark Hunt you twat. Jesus, that shit doesn't make me "hate" him or dislike him simply for him stating numerous opinions after he fought a dirty opponent. You know, that little thing called personal experience - which nearly none of you have in professionally fighting (me included)

Your fucking poll doesn't make me forget I'm a fan of his either. I don't comment enough to worry about Yellow Cards and not being able to "Like" some poll or silly comment that some jiz job decided to post because he wants some social reaffirmation of himself.

LOL

I'm just confused as to how he seems to believe steroids actually get injected directly into ones butthole.

I will be Mark Hunt fan for life unless he starts feeding puppies through a wood chipper or something along those lines.

If you ever find a way to "Like" your own polls Sherdog might implode from the uselessly wasted bandwidth on your "ideas".

A good way to save bandwidth is to just delete all the Brock fans accounts, since they'll be leaving as soon as he gets his 2 year suspension anyway

Might start a poll on it later just to trigger the fuck out of you

I was a fan before this ordeal. The fact that he openly commented on Brock being on steroids before the fight, and then switched tunes once he lost, lost me as a fan.

The sherdog circlejerk by hunt fans also made it unbearable.

How many fucking poles (polls) are you going to smoke? Oops, I mean START. It goes a bit overboard - every damn day - who gives a shit what some of these mouth breathers thinks. It is likely based on incorrect information anyways let alone some forlorn Hero Worship Complex. Like the one Poll a few days ago where you went all fuckin' spaztastically mad when your "Will-Start-Polls-For-Likes" FAILED then you said "Wasteland this shit!" like, oh no, the poor little Kone got trolled, didn't like the answers that were given and cried himself to sleep that night - plus it wasted his weak post count to Like ratio.

Seriously dude, your just swimming for likes. If I did that everyday I'm pretty sure that would mark me as DESPERATE for approval like your polls mark you as a retard.

Really, get some fucking help. I used to like commenting here, but the real decent guys with the exception of Pete and a few others are gone and now we can only read what whiny cunts like you fishing for "Likes".

What the fuck are you, 15? Of course I still like Mark Hunt you twat. Jesus, that shit doesn't make me "hate" him or dislike him simply for him stating numerous opinions after he fought a dirty opponent. You know, that little thing called personal experience - which nearly none of you have in professionally fighting (me included)

Your fucking poll doesn't make me forget I'm a fan of his either. I don't comment enough to worry about Yellow Cards and not being able to "Like" some poll or silly comment that some jiz job decided to post because he wants some social reaffirmation of himself.

I don't think TS fishes for likes, however I do agree with you that "Likes" is ruining forum culture.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's kind of a misplaced statement. I was saying that you sound like you're stuck in the past, because you brought up a lot about the past (NHB) as if it still holds much water. People aren't that one dimensional anymore.

Holly has pretty good TDD, so she's not that one dimensional. She also does train in all general aspects, but her main weapon will always be striking. She has god knows how many years of experience in striking and her grappling/wrestling experience will never catch up with that. So she will always devise a strategy where she can rely upon her strength, which will result in one sided showcasings of her skills. But that doesn't mean she doesn't have the skills that aren't shown.

The majority of her competition will be far ahead in the grappling experience in comparison to her, especially someone like Miesha or even Ronda, with whom she avoided the grappling as much as possible. And it worked for her against Ronda, and even against Miesha for the most part of their fight. So a largely striking oriented strategy against a grappler can definitely work.

Same goes for Hunt, basically. Hell he even came pretty close to submitting Fedor, and that was a long time ago. So that obviously shows he has been training BJJ or any other submission oriented grappling.

Or Wonderboy for that matter. Dude murked Hendricks like he was a newb, using mostly striking.

I guess claiming that she or Mark do no cross training is over the top. The same IMO still applies however. I was not under the impression that her MT opponent was a seriously well rounded MMA fighter. In fact, I was under the impression that she was another one-dimensional striker. I am not certain how long Val has been cross training in grappling, but she is clearly light years beyond Holly at this point. I believe that striking is also Val's strength, but she is either taking a far more serious approach toward rounding her MMA skills than Holly is, or she is just flat out far more adapt at learning grappling than Holly.

If the former, Holly needs to step it up, if the later, time to go back to Boxing (IMO).

No.

Sore losers are among my few pet peeves. And he's among the sorest in recent memory.

I don't think TS fishes for likes, however I do agree with you that "Likes" is ruining forum culture.

I just have excruciatingly good taste in fighters and Presidential candidates, what can I say?

Still a fan. I never looked to Hunt for wisdom and enlightenment. I just enjoy watching him fight.

Just curious because I ran into some Lesnar fans that were adamant that Mark Hunt's fanbase was absolutely hemorrhaging fans, and that "all of the combat world was losing respect for him rapidly" because he posted like 5 Facebook steroid memes
Still a fan, but he needs to shut up. He's only mad because he lost. If he knocked Lesnar out, he wouldn't give a shit right now.

Should have handled it like OSP did after Jones got popped.

With class.

I'm just curious to as why he didn't go on this bender after the Bigfoot fight. :>

....because he didnt lose

I guess claiming that she or Mark do no cross training is over the top. The same IMO still applies however. I was not under the impression that her MT opponent was a seriously well rounded MMA fighter. In fact, I was under the impression that she was another one-dimensional striker. I am not certain how long Val has been cross training in grappling, but she is clearly light years beyond Holly at this point. I believe that striking is also Val's strength, but she is either taking a far more serious approach toward rounding her MMA skills than Holly is, or she is just flat out far more adapt at learning grappling than Holly.

If the former, Holly needs to step it up, if the later, time to go back to Boxing (IMO).

Shevchenko has 4 wins by (T)KO, 5 by submission, and 4 by decision. You assumed incorrectly, good sir.

Edit: I misread your post. Anyway, maybe Shevchenko just has more aptitude for learning grappling or maybe she has just been preparing for MMA longer?

Holly trains at Jackson's & Winkeljohn's, you better believe they are serious about every aspect of MMA.

Last edited:
War fucking Hunt!

I love his craziness. Yes Im more of a fan after his rantings.

Should have handled it like OSP did after Jones got popped.

With class.

I'm just curious to as why he didn't go on this bender after the Bigfoot fight. :>
Jones didn't fail any PED test relating to the OSP fight, while Brock failed pre & post fight piss tests for the Hunt fight.
that's the big difference, plus Hunt is prob tired of fighting guys that fail said tests, with no re-compensation from the failing fighter.

Back