Are You Still a Fan of Platinum?

What's the right nickname for Perry now?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Are you still on the Perry hype train after his first loss?

"Perry was buzzed early by a left high kick, and Jouban mixed things up by throwing high kicks and leg kicks. Perry powered through a blocked head kick and landed a knee to the head of Jouban, who then clinched up and took Perry’s back, then took him down. They returned to striking with 2 minutes left in the opening round. A counter straight left caught Perry, along with more kicks. Perry tagged Jouban with a head kick of his own that forced Alan to retreat.

Jouban’s thudding body kicks kept posing problems for “Platinum” Mike well into round 2. A hard leg kick by Perry troubled the balance of Jouban. After scoring with a combo, Jouban shot for a takedown, which Perry defended very well. A stiff straight left hand floored Perry and had him wobbly. It was by far the biggest moment of the 2nd and likely won the round for Alan on the scorecards."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/12/...uban-hands-mike-perry-his-first-loss-mma-news

"I've won 3 out of 3 of my last fights. 1st round finishers. Give me a ranking. I want to see myself in the rankings. Even if other fighters have the same resume, they don't have the same style points. I got fight of the night 3 times in a row. I want to see my name in the rankings."

- CM Punk.
No

"This guy wrestles people, when I lay on top of guys they don't fucking move" - Daniel "Hands of stone" Cormier

Yes.

He's a Tin Can Man brawler.

And that's all he needs to be.

Mitchell Perrence was never my friend - Kenny Florian

giphy.gif

Was never on that hype train, but I'm still a fan of a guy with heavy hands that goes in there to brawl. That fight reminded me of Condit vs Diaz except the "baby leg kicks" were replaced by nasty looking body kicks and straight rights down the pipe.

Can understand why platinumnation would be pissed. Honestly sad to see so many jump ship so quickly, although, I'd expect no less from these Bitter Conor haters.

Always a fan. Hopefully he can get back on the horse so we can get another hype train going.

Not a fan. Still interested in seeing another fight though.

Are you still on the Perry hype train after his first loss?

"Perry was buzzed early by a left high kick, and Jouban mixed things up by throwing high kicks and leg kicks. Perry powered through a blocked head kick and landed a knee to the head of Jouban, who then clinched up and took Perry’s back, then took him down. They returned to striking with 2 minutes left in the opening round. A counter straight left caught Perry, along with more kicks. Perry tagged Jouban with a head kick of his own that forced Alan to retreat.

Jouban’s thudding body kicks kept posing problems for “Platinum” Mike well into round 2. A hard leg kick by Perry troubled the balance of Jouban. After scoring with a combo, Jouban shot for a takedown, which Perry defended very well. A stiff straight left hand floored Perry and had him wobbly. It was by far the biggest moment of the 2nd and likely won the round for Alan on the scorecards."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/12/...uban-hands-mike-perry-his-first-loss-mma-news
Never wads and nickname should be Plastic Mike Perry!

Clearly a decision loss to Alan Jouban who's more than a legit welterweight is a big reason for anybody to stop being a fan or Platinum.

The way Platinum rustled jimmies around sherdog is beautiful.

Never been a fan in the first place. Didn't expect his hype to be derailed this quick though.

I don't know for sure, but I'm still a fan probably, haha.

He's just not the fighter I thought he was. I thought he'd be this suicidal, hyper aggressive fighter , but he looked super tentative in there for some stretches against Jouban. Like there was fear in him. So it's not losing that's turned me off, he's.....he's.... just not the fighter I thought he was.

But fuck it. Platinum all day every day!

Back