Are you scare of growing old?

Reverse I look young outside but feel old inside in terms of thinking. :icon_chee

It's strange - my brother said to me last night as he is trying to set me up with someone - "you're not getting any younger". The truth is, the last time I even had a proper relationship was for 2 years and ended when I was 20, 7 years ago. I spent years being in a deep depression, wasn't looking at death positively but I guess I wasn't afraid of it. Now that I've finally recovered and feel my life is worth living, I worry all the time now about future health problems as males in my family seem to get some form of cancer.

So I guess I'm doing what some of you might recognise - eating healthier, running more and trying to bulk up a bit more. I think the thought of never having another serious relationship terrifies me more than death .... right at this moment I guess

The real question is about death, or isn't it....fear of age, No, fear of becoming bed ridden with some age related illness, a little....My wife and I have a self exit strategy when the day comes....anyone truly interested check out Griefwalker....Steven Jenkinson...

It's strange - my brother said to me last night as he is trying to set me up with someone - "you're not getting any younger". The truth is, the last time I even had a proper relationship was for 2 years and ended when I was 20, 7 years ago. I spent years being in a deep depression, wasn't looking at death positively but I guess I wasn't afraid of it. Now that I've finally recovered and feel my life is worth living, I worry all the time now about future health problems as males in my family seem to get some form of cancer.

So I guess I'm doing what some of you might recognise - eating healthier, running more and trying to bulk up a bit more. I think the thought of never having another serious relationship terrifies me more than death .... right at this moment I guess

Paul, I came to the conclusion as I rounded the 50 year old mark, that I spent the first 30-40 years of my life not caring, even trying to kill myself in some way, now as perspectives change and I get older, I will probably (god willing) spend the next 30 years trying to survive and get the most out of every minute...

A nurse once told me that the only reason people die is because they accept their fate. Male nurse.

Did you tell him he was stupid and that you wanted another nurse?

Did you tell him he was stupid and that you wanted another nurse?

I was fortunate enough not to be his patient. He was teaching the CPR class I was sent to. The moment he said everyone is going to pass and be certified I stopped paying attention save for the bit where he was dancing to Stayin Alive from the BeeGees.

I wish i could. i am a consultant, if i don't work i don't get paid.

I've had both knees replaced. I highly recommend it! You might get by with arthroscopic surgery, which is done in about an hour, to remove damaged cartilage and bone spurs.

I'm not afraid of growing old, I'm already old!

absolutely. it is a weird feeling turning 30. i work in healthcare and see old people all the time. its not necessarily the age, but the inability to do what you were once able. some "old" people are still quite independent. then there are "mid life" people who are debilitated, obese, smokers, non compliant, etc. people who say "well ya gotta die of something" are fucking dumb. you dont wanna start a steady decline in your 50s in and out of the hospital unable to do daily activities and relying more and more on others. fuck that. taking care of yourself is not overrated.

You're as young as you feel, so they say.

I plan on dieting and remaining active for as long as possible so hopefully my physical quality of life doesn't dip for many years.

Check out this guy.

[YT]ruaIEJmzTwg[/YT]

Mental health is a whole other issue. That dude is old as hell and still seems pretty sharp, if I live to that age or something near it I'll be lucky if I can still count to 'potato'

As much of a pain in the ass as my wife can be and as much as I occasionally wish I could pull random ass (not that I have the looks, time or energy for that anymore).....It's nice to have a partner in life and I genuinely enjoy being married. There's was certain sense of contentment and comfort when I got married. Like a "ahhh, now I can relax and get on with a real life"....kinda feeling

God forbid I get divorced, I'm pretty sure I would marry again...

Don't give up bro....Remember, there is no perfect girl out there and looks will fade. I'd take a 7 with a solid personality over a 10 that's a psycho self absorbed hose beast. That being said, the 7 will be crazy too cuz all chicks are nutzo's to a certain extent, but you'll learn to block it out for the most part. :icon_lol:

not with TRT. Im going for it when I turn 50.

Yeah, I'm definitely paying attention to the longevity/Qual of life of dudes like Sylvester Stalone, Sean Penn, Mel G and Joe Hogan.

Question is...will you still have to be a gazzillionaire to get the good shit buy the time I need it.

Back